Published on June 29th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Get Voluminous Hair
Here are a few tips on how to add volume to thin wispy locks…
Need a quick and hassle-free way to make limp hair look thicker and fuller? Add some curls!
Try minimal layering – curls just the ends is fine, and keep your hair length somewhere beyond the shoulders. Try a side parting instead of a centre one for a modern twist!
- Begin with applying a heat spray to hair and then let your hair dry well.
- Section hair and use the curling iron on the ends. Start with the bottom droput section and keep moving upwards.
- Curl the ends entirely and then spritz a little hair spray – little being the keyword!
An extra long bob is another superbly workable style for women with short and thin hair. Minimal layering is key with thin hair so the cut should be full with no layering. This will make your hair will look twice as thick! Soft side bangs or layers just in the front add some shape but do not take off any volume.
- Start with a volumising spray applied at the roots and comb through to detangle.
- Flip your head upside down and blow dry. Gravity helps the hair to dry with more volume.
- When your hair is almost dry, flip it back up and then use a large round brush to set. Curl and flip in the ends under for that nice rounded shape that looks gorgeous in a bob!
FAB BAG PICKS for Head over- voluminous hair
Organic Surge Volume Boost Conditioner : Volume Boost Conditioner gently detangles and smoothes without the commonly-used silicones that can weigh down fine hair. The caring formula is enriched with organic fruit extracts that promote hair health and condition, plus papaya and coconut extracts that work to add body and shine to limp, lacklustre hair. CLICK HERE to view product
Sebastian Volupt Spray : Raise hair into spectacular stage-filling styles with the cushion particle technology that best combines full-on volume and sensual softness. Shake well to activate its 2-phase formula. Spray on damp hair. Blow-dry for extra body. Or air-dry to enhance waves and curls. CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co. Barley Volumising Shampoo : Nourishes and volumizes the hair; Removes excess oil and impurities to reveal a fuller & healthier head of hair. Put the bounce back into your hair with the goodness of Barley. It is rich in pro-vitamin B5 which strengthens and nourishes the hair shaft and root. Its anti-oxidant and protective properties remove excess oil and impurities to reveal a fuller, healthier head of hair. CLICK HERE to view product