Published on June 30th, 2016 | by Soma Priya
FAB TIPS: Happy Hands
Apart from a monthly manicure, your hands do need extra pampering lest they start showing signs of ageing. The skin on the back of our palm is thinner as compared to the other parts. With advancing age, cell rebuilding process slows down depleting collagen (which provides elasticity to the skin), resulting in fine lines and dryness. Since hands come in constant contact with chemicals (soaps and detergents), pollution (dirt and smoke) and environment (sun and wind); their care is of utmost importance.
- Scrub off: Exfoliation helps to remove the dead cells and increases blood circulation giving way to soft and younger looking skin. An effective weekly scrub can be made by mixing 2 tablespoons olive oil in 1 spoon of granular sugar. Gently scrub on this mixture till sugar dissolves and wash off with warm water. Apply a thick moisturizer.
- A little TLC: Your hands need their weekly massage too. Massaging improves blood circulation and also restores the softness of the skin. A homemade massage lotion can be prepared by mixing 2 tablespoons glycerin with half tablespoon each of lemon juice and rose water. With circular motion massage both the hands and nail cuticles for 15 minutes. Wipe with warm cloth and apply moisturizer.
- A lemon in hand: If your hands show dark patches, it is likely that they have pigmented cells caused by excessive exposure to sun. Try rubbing lemon wedge and you would be surprised to notice even tone within few days.
- Moisturize: Moisturize your hands at least twice everyday with a cream that contains alpha hydroxyl acids or AHAs, lactic acids and hydrating urea.
- Beauty masks: Beauty masks are excellent way to keep the skin tight and firm. A whacky but highly recommended hand mask can be prepared by mixing warm milk with boiled and mashed potato and applying over hands till the paste cools off. Wash and apply your favorite moisturizer.
- Always SPF: Just like your face, your hands need sunscreen of SPF more than 20 – reapply every time you wash.
- The ‘M’ of moisture: After the SPF fix, apply moisturizer. Keep a jar of moisturizer handy in your purse or near your wash basin. also, that anti-ageing cream that you use on your face, spare a little for your hands too – they will thank you later, by looking young.
- No drying soaps: Go for mild moisturizing soaps or creamy hand washes to retain moisture. Also, make sure the hand sanitizers are kept to a minimum – the alcohol content dries out the skin!
- Drink ample water: Water will keep your skin hydrated from inside out. Ensure calcium and vitamins in your diet – vitamin A, C and E are a must to maintain healthy skin and nails.
- Manicure: Treating your nails with a good manicure helps them stay good and healthy.
OUR PICKS FOR BEAUTIFUL HANDS
Nyassa Hand Cream : True to our principle of ‘from Heaven and Earth” this Handcream brings together an unique fragrance with a host of secret natural ingredient that offers you complete and natural handcare. Makes your skin smooth and prevents roughness. CLICK HERE to view product
Natural Bath & Body Foot & Hand Cream : For the daily rigours that our hands and feet goes through it deserves the advanced treatment that this stimulating cream provides. Our fusion of organic lemon and organic chamomile oils is high in anti-bacterial properties that rebuild cracked heels and prevent scaling. As this skin is also vulnerable to losing moisture easily, our foot & hand cream is concentrated with organic and natural butters that provide intense moisture and soften instantly. CLICK HERE to view product
Votre Almond and Shea Butter Hand and Foot Scrub : Experience SPA like exfoliation with this rich scrub combine with walnut skin, almond & shea butter. Perfect combination of rich extract, leaves the skin rejuvenated &polished. Apply on moist skin and scrub gently for 3-5 minute & then wash. CLICK HERE to view product