Published on July 4th, 2016 | by Jehan Raffiuddin
Beauty In Minutes
The day when nothing seems to be in your favour, you are bound to panic. In that case – here are some quick tips for your beauty to shine through and through.
All of us have had, and will have, bad mirror days. Coupled with a lack of time, this can mean a beauty disaster. Dressing up in dark shades of make-up will only exacerbate the problem. Instead, take a deep breath, wash your face with cold water and then follow these nifty little tips that will get you looking good, in NO time!
- No More Shine: An oily-skin day can ruin the best of make-up. To combat carry a face mist or pour in your trusty toner in a spray bottle. To refresh make-up, lightly mist your face and then pat with a tissue. At a pinch, even ice cold water sprayed on your face will do the trick – the idea is to spray and not splash.
- Condition to Moisturise: Dry skin days are equally bad and if in a hurry, use conditioner to moisturise more than just your hair – slather it on your body, rinse and dry off. The conditioner will hydrate as well as body lotion – without waiting for it to sink in.
- Warm Pinks: Concealer is only half the battle won when it comes to fixing flaws. To create an illusion of near-perfect skin, try wearing lipstick in a warm pink. Pink tones work wonders for skin so skip the red if your skin is looking a little peaked.
- Accent Eyes: Eyeliner is the fastest and the most basic way to look fresh and add drama to your look. Be it your trusty liquid brush, an eye pencil or just a thin brush made wet and dipped into dry eye-shadow – accent colors can really make you look glamorous in no time!
- Ready To Go: Sleep revives skin like none other but if a full night’s rest is not a luxury you can afford then here’s how to “appear” rested: pat concealer onto the inner corners of your eyes, under your lower lashes and next to your nose. Finish by swirling bronzer over your cheeks.
- Nail Break: Remove all traces of polish and then cut them down to an even size (yes, we do feel your pain!). Take a wedge of lemon and rub them well. Paint them in a natural pink or just a top coat for some sheen.
- Mane Magic: When you’re strapped for time, do the “T-zone blow-dry”. Run the dryer down your parting and around your hairline only. When the front and top of your hair looks “finished”, so will you.
- No More Grease: If scalp grease (or too many products) has left your hair looking limp, spray perfume on your brush, then brush through.
- Frizz Off: Dampen your hands with water and a drop of moisturizer, gently fix your hair back into a French twist or bun. Wait 10 minutes then take your hair down for frizz-free tresses with a slight curl.
- Ponytail Up: It’s the ultimate easy style. Pull your hair back haphazardly with your fingers into a ponytail and secure with a band. Spritz with hairspray and twist a stray tendril around your hair elastic to hide it, and pin it in place. Effortless panache!
FAB BAG PICKS
The Nature’s Co Rose Hydrating Face mist : Keeps skin and face moisturized; Fresh & balances pH levels; Tightens pores. The soothing, gentle cleansing properties of Rose have a softening and refining effect on skin. Use it anytime of the day whenever you need a quick touch of beauty. CLICK HERE to view product
SeaSoul HD Finish BB Cream with SPF 20 : HD Finish BB Cream is a makeup that cares for your skin. It is a multi-functional product that is healthy & calms irritated skin while providing a natural, flawless & a “No Makeup” finish. This one step Dead Sea Minerals based HD formulation covers blemishes, minimizes pores, visibly corrects uneven skin tone, smoothens, lightens & brightens skin. CLICK HERE to view product
SUGAR Twist and Shout Fadeproof Kajal-02 Still Got The Blues : A true blue that looks fabulous on all skin tones, Still Got The Blues is edgy yet incredibly classy at the same time. Let your eyes do all the talking with SUGAR Twist And Shout Fadeproof Kajal! Just twist the easy applicator and rim your eyes with its intense formula and you’re good to take on the world. This high-performance multi-use product combines the benefits of a kajal with those of a gel eyeliner and does not fade or smear for more than 10 hours! CLICK HERE to view product