Published on July 4th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Red Hot Lips
Our list of celebs that wore the ten best red lips, ever!
Red lips are one of the most potent feminine accessories of all times – here’s our list of the top ten most memorable red pouts, and how they were worn, in random order…
Top ten red :
- Slim, slender and stunner Deepika Padukone looked ravishing draped in a white sari, matching accessories and the red lips to complement her classy amalgamation of makeup and hairdo to make her look even more taller. She appeared recently for a night out at Olive (Mumbai) to celebrate Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s 50th birthday celebration.
- Kareena Kapoor in this picture is reminding me of late 70s and early 80s fashion trends, both in her outfit and makeup. A red pout accentuates her jaw line, making it more prominent. The hairstyle is completely in sync with the time, the puff curled inside and long curls behind the shoulder. This photo shot was taken for fashion magazine Notch.
- Without mentioning Marilyn Monroe’s luscious red lips and full pout, this list will be incomplete. Her iconic beauty cannot be separated from her exclusive style statement of red lips, fresh and glowing skin and curly locks hanging on the forehead.
- The ever-young, ever-stunning Rekha matches red lips with mascara laden eyelashes, glowing rosy cheeks and a small bindi that blends undoubtedly with her off white kundan-work silk sari and gold & pearl jewellery.
- Bipasha Basu turned heads around in a red gown, curly locks, cat eye make-up and an unmistakable red pout at an appearance at the Sheffield Hallam Arena. Minimalistic jewellery made the look perfect.
- Anne Hathaway’s androgynous neatly combed-back bang with a feminine red lipstick shade looked oh-so-sexy. Brown eyes with mascara laden eyelashes and sparkling smile made this picture-perfect, don’t miss out the small ear studs. Black and red is the perfect combo for any red-carpet event.
- Nicole Kidman’s mesmerising ocean blue eyes are a perfect match with the backdrop along with her fiery red straight cut, boat neck dress and full lips in red and rosy apple cheeks. She wore simple earrings and a bracelet to complete the look.
- Drew Barrymore with innocent looks and a child-like grin steals the show in red. She is amongst the few whose lips are made for red shades only. Not to miss the hair piece going with the blue dress. A blue eye liner and blue eye shadow with perfect hues make her look like a teenager.
- Scarlett Johansson never goes wrong with the choice of lips she prefers to wear; especially nothing suits her better than scarlet. That’s the colour she gives her lips to get that red-hot red carpet look. With mascara and eyeliner only on the top eyelash and slight pink brushed away cheeks, she gets the oomph factor right. In a candid confession she revealed carrying a red lip colour at all times in her bag.
- This list will not be complete until we include the person who brought pout into the limelight, Angelina Jolie. Red lip colour with outlined black eyes and just studs to compliment her arrival and an equally gorgeous dress sense is what makes her stand out amongst the rest.
FAB BAG PICKS:
Bourjois Lipstick Rouge Edition : It’s ready to wear formula is enriched with ??? of pure laque for a radiant, glossy finish and orchid blossom extract so it glides onto the lips leaving them feeling smooth, hydrated and protected for up to 10 hours. A must-havelipstick for every womans make-up bag. Tested and approved by fashion lovers. CLICK HERE to view product
SUGAR It’s A-Pout Time! Vivid Lipstick-That ’70s Red : Creamy and moisturising, SUGAR It’s A-Pout Time! Vivid Lipstick combines the look of a classic matte lip with the benefit of incredible comfort. Enriched with micronized pigments and silica micro-beads, this matte lipstick glides on easily and settles to a gorgeous matte finish. FDA approved, this lipstick is free of mineral oil and parabens. That ’70s Red is a red matte lip colour shade for the femme fatale in you. CLICK HERE to view product
Fran Wilson Moodmatcher Lipstick : Each shade changes according to your body chemistry for a truly personalized lip color. Experience the rich, natural moisturizing and super-long-lasting 12-hour powers of this color bomb that just wont wear off, even when eating, drinking or kissing! * 12-hour staying power* Moisture rich and revitalizing* Matt based sheen* Made in USA* By Fran Wilson Moodmatcher USA. CLICK HERE to view product