Published on July 8th, 2016 | by Ahana Basu
10-minute guide to blackhead removal
Not quite pimples, but visible nevertheless, giving your skin (usually the nose and chin) an unsightly look. While beauty salons offer a variety of clean-ups and facials aimed at clearing up blackheads, these are time-consuming. Blackheads tend to glare out at you just when you’re dressed to go out and come up to your mirror to apply lipstick.
- It’s a tried-and-true remedy for airing out your pores and clearing your skin. Since this is a quick-fix, we’ll keep it short. Steam your face for about for about 1 to 2 minutes. Pat your face dry. Then, take a full tablespoon of sugar and milk, mix it and start rubbing it into the affected area, putting a little extra pressure on the nose area for 5-10 minutes. This will scrub out the blackheads. You can continue doing this for a week for long-term results.
- Another method you can try after steaming is using a regular face scrub. Scrub your face gently, using your fingernails on your nose. Ensure your nails are clean and scrub your nose downwards. Wash off and use a mild moisturiser on your face.
Natural does it
- Grate a raw potato and rub it for 10 minutes on your face, nose and chin. Let it dry and then wash your face with warm water.
- Another great paste for blackheads is coriander leaves and turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on your face for 10 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- If you’re not keen on using packaged face scrubs, you could make your own. Mix sugar, honey and lemon juice to form an exfoliating scrub. Rub it on your skin, leave on for about 10 minutes and rinse your face with warm water. Lemon juice brightens the skin while sugar is an excellent scrub.
- A really easy and effective remedy for blackheads is this: Take two tablespoons of yoghurt and mix with one tablespoon of lemon juice. Rub on your skin, leave on for ten minutes and wash off.
Dip a small washcloth in warm water and place it on your face. Keep this on for around 15 minutes The warm moisture from the towel will clear out the pores. Next, apply a good deep-cleansing mask, perhaps a peel-off.
Remember to never scrub your skin too hard, no matter how hard it is to get rid of blackheads. Always use moisturiser after getting your blackheads off, since most processes will dry out your skin.
FAB PICKS FOR A CLEAR FACE :
Votre Advanced Pore Balancing Cleansor : Have a Pore-Less Skin!! An advanced formula enriched with the natural and botanical complex having a deep pore target system specially formulated for penetrating deep into the pores for maximum cleaning without disturbing skins natural moisturizer. CLICK HERE to view product
Vichy Ideal White Brightening Deep Cleansing Foam : Vichy combines Ceramide White and LHA for double corrective whitening in a foaming cream. Double corrective whitening in a high tolerance foaming cream enriched with anti-pollution agents. Hypoallergenic. Tested on Asian skin. Tested under dermatological control. Paraben-free. Ultra-fresh, comfortable foaming texture. CLICK HERE to view product
Just Herbs Blemigel Anti Blemish Gel : A translucent gel to be massaged on the hyperpigmented skin patches during the day, to enhance the natural skin renewal process and sloughing away at the same time, the pigment containing upper layers of dead cells. It effectively prevents melanin from coming to the surface allowing control over the skin tone. CLICK HERE to view product