Published on July 8th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Kitchen Secrets: Banana
Banana is lot more than just a fruit. Read on to reap the benefits of banana for your skin:
Why Bananas? They are rich source of potassium, vitamin A, B, C and E, and natural oils that give bananas their wonderfully emollient properties! For more plus-plus, know that bananas contain tryptophan, a rich amino acid known to be extremely beneficial for hair and skin. While there are many products you can buy, begin with a beauty treatment, whipped up at home!
What you need: ripe bananas (2 for long hair, 1 for short), 2tbsp honey, 1tsp almond or olive oil and 1 egg yolk.
- Blitz all the ingredients to make a smooth paste (add more bananas if need be to fully coat hair)
- Moisten your hair with a little warm water (damp, not dripping) and apply the paste to your hair.
- Cover with a shower cap to ensure the pack penetrates deep into the roots.
- After 30 minutes, shampoo and condition as you normally would.
What you need: 1 banana, peeled and mashed, 4tbsp besan, 1 egg, beaten.
- Blend besan and banana until it turns to a paste. Add the beaten egg. Paste should be thick and not too runny.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck.
- After 15 minutes, rinse with cold water.
FAB BAG PICKS :
Vert Fresh Apple Face Scrub : Simply scrumptious Apple Face Scrub spa quality…..so refreshing, softening, smoothing. The fresh apples in this face scrub are high in potassium, vitamins A & C and malic acid which is a naturally exfoliating enzyme. Sugar is full of glycolic acid which is an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) and helps maintain healthy skin. loaded almonds & jasmine powder It cleanses really well and helps reduce acne that you may have and prevent further breakouts, as well as without disturbing the pH of your skin. CLICK HERE to view product
Wild Earth Orange Mandarin Soap : A wonderfully mositurising glycerin soap with the zesty fragrance of Mandarin oranges. Its the ideal soap to give your mornings a fresh, citrusy and zingy high. CLICK HERE to view product
The Natures Co. Mango Body Butter : Slather on our delicious, pulpy Mango Body Butter. It is rich in vitamins, minerals & anti-oxidants. Its emollient properties help regenerate skin cells, restore elasticity, and act as a protectant against the sun. CLICK HERE to view product