Published on July 8th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Find out what one should absolutely not do when it comes to skincare!
- To bed, with make-up: Gasp, ack, omigod; you sinner you! Get the message, right? Falling into bed with “dirty” skin – be it dirt or make-up particles is one of the biggest skin sins you can do. Why? Well, dirty skin cannot breathe, heal or repair itself at night – make this a habit and your skin will age much faster than you do… To make cleansing easier, find a product that can be gently massaged into the skin and wiped off.
- SPF, no thanks: Sin number one, two and three! Again, this is a BIG skin no-no – the sun ages our skin the fastest. All that lovely tan and bronzed skin means you will probably look like leather a decade later. So do buy that big bottle of SPF and then buy that SPF-tinted moisturizer and BB cream. Layer sun protection to maximise protection.
- Scrub-a-dub-too-much: Squeaky clean is not healthy skin and neither is a reddened or burning skin after your exfoliation – you are then probably using too harsh products or just using them too often. That home-use microdermbrasion is to be used according to pack directions – use it once too often and you are stripping skin off before it has started to repair itself – this will only add to your woes – not the smooth complexion you so lust after.
- Fidgety Queen: Popping pimples, squeezing blackheads, pressing whiteheads – seem similar? Well then we’re sure that blemishes are too one of your top skin woes. Inflammations, acne and other pore problems need expert care – get regular cleans-ups at your salon and ask them to recommend a few good supportive products for you. Picking your skin can cause inflammation that can also lead to scarring.
- Multi-tasking, a tad much: Face products are meant for the face and body products are meant for the body – a sometime substitute is okay but not all the time. Skin tissue on our body is thicker than the skin on the face, be sure to use face-specific products to treat the delicate skin.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs 6 Steps Organic Skincare Regime For Normal/Dry Skin: With a pre-prepared skincare regime for your skin type, there is no scope for mistakes. This kit from Just Herbs is completely natural and a blessing to skin. CLICK HERE to view product
Naked Grapefruit Lavender Body Lotion : Vitamin D and vitamin E rich almond oil is whipped up with loads of aloe vera, making your lotion light, yet deeply moisturizing. Massage stress and body aches away with fresh lavender and zingy grapefruit. Because there are no preservatives, Grapefruit and Lavender body lotion lasts longer when stored in the fridge. Naked is 100% natural. CLICK HERE to view product
Natio Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 : This daily defence formula is the winner of Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards: Best Facial Sun Protection, 2011 and provides broad spectrum protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays. Ultra-light, moisture-rich hydrating sunscreen – non-greasy and water resistant for up to four hours. Plant extratcs: Vitamin E to soften, smooth and help repair damaged skin. CLICK HERE to view product