Published on July 8th, 2016 | by Soma Priya
Tame that limp mane
Hair gets limp either due to excess sebum on scalp or due to product build up. With some correct routine and hair care products, you can add oomph to your limp mane. Here’s how to rock limp hair into waking up…
- Choose your shampoo: While oil is good for scalp, in case of limp hair, the sebum build up due to oil further aggravates the problem of limpness. So, it is mandatory that people with limp hair minimize the sebum on their scalp. Go for a shampoo that contains astringents like tea tree oil, orange or may be rosemary. Go for a daily shampoo and skip conditioner. If ends appear dry, use volumizing conditioner only on the ends of hair strands. Try L’Occitane citrus verbena shampoo and conditioner. They have lemon extracts which keep sebum away. The Body Shop Rainforest Balance Shampoo and Conditioner are also effective in cleansing limp hair.
- Volumizing spray: On damp hair, spray some volumizing spray at the roots of hair and then turn hair upside down. Blow dry hair keeping them upside down. Now flip your and what you find is voluminous tresses. Also use round brush.
- Curling iron: If you love the curly locks, you need to first treat your hair with a spray gel. Apply the gel from ends till your ear length. Avoid slapping gel close to the scalp. Now with a curling iron, make curls, the way you love. Do not forget to spray some styling spray afterwards. It will hold the style for long.
- Haircut: Get your hair cut into layered fashion. Layers add volume to hair. Also, go for short to medium length hair. Long hair pulls the weight down, making hair look even more flat. Sort haircuts add volume to hair.
- Highlights: At the end, get some cool hair highlights. A little texture to hair will give an illusion of voluminous hair.
- Flat beer: Flat beer works wonder on limp hair. The fermented drink has got lots of yeast, which works to add volume to tired tresses. You can either put flat beer in a spray bottle and spray on dry hair. Another trick is to combine 1 egg and a spoon of light oil with ½ cup flat beer and apply over damp hair for 15 minutes. Wash thoroughly and what you get is a head full of bouncy tresses.
- Baking soda and Vinegar: Baking soda treats hair that has turned limp and lifeless especially due to product build up. It cuts excess oil from the scalp. Take one part baking soda and add three parts water to it. Apply this mixture on damp or dry hair. Rinse with warm water after 2-3 minutes. Post this, use a rinse of one part vinegar to four parts water. After 2 minutes, rinse hair with plain cold water. Cold water will lock moisture and give added shine.
Fab hair products we love :
Sebastian Volupt Spray : Raise hair into spectacular stage-filling styles with the cushion particle technology that best combines full-on volume and sensual softness. For extra volume, use with Volupt shampoo and conditioner. CLICK HERE to view product
Kronokare Go A(Long) Way Growth Boosting Hair Oil : If you want to skip the long story, zoom in on the tip: use our growth boosting hair oil, made with pure extracts of sage, thyme and lime. This blend will add length to your hair in absolutely no-time. So, enjoy our product made with a base of coconut-specially developed to get your hair out of a rut. CLICK HERE to view product
Just Herbs Lush Methi Shikakai Shampoo : Lecithin- a phospholipids derived from soya beans, softens and repairs damaged hair, infusing fresh life into dull hair. Neem and Methi seed extracts deeply nourish and condition the hair roots thus reducing the dryness and brittleness associated with lack of nutrients, while leaving your hair full and alive with abundant strength, bounce and volume. CLICK HERE to view product