Published on July 27th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Blow-drying is a diva’s ultimate tool – but if you are a hair dryer bumbler like me – chances are, a hair dryer leaves you and your hair in shambles! So here are 5 tips that will ensure your hair respond well to drying and be your crowning glory instead of a disaster!
- Section: It’s really not as difficult as it sounds. Also bending over at your waist and blow-drying until you get dizzy will not help you, or your hair! Once you have detangled your hair, keep duckbill clips or clutchers nearby – make a minimum of three horizontal sections and clip up the others.
- The wrong hand: Table manners demand the dominant hand to hold the knife; similarly, it’s the brush you should be holding in the dominant hand. The brush needs to be moved with dexterity, not the dryer.
- Pull up, not down: A naturally inclination is to pull the brush towards gravity – but that flattens the hair across the scalp – no voluminous mane then! Pull the hair halfway up towards the sky (okay, the ceiling!) – hold the brush at mid length. The hair till mid-length should be blasted upwards while the hair falling below can be styled downwards.
- Smoking strands: Holding the dryer too close to the hair will only fry it and damage the hair cuticle. Also hair that is still damp is akin to spraying water on a hot pan – it will sizzle – and we do not mean that in a sexy way…
- Too much, too sun: The cardinal sin of drying is drying the hair as if there were no tomorrow. A hair dryer is a styling tool – not an omigod-I’m-late-for-work tool – it’s better to let damp hair air dry their way to your office, rather than trying to dry hair by blow drying. Use a dryer on almost dry hair – with a thermal hair protectant in place and when you have the time to spare!
FAB BAG PICKS for your Crowning Glory
Sebastian Hydre Conditioner : Intense nourishment rehydrates dry, chemically treated hair re-invigorate and replenish back to health color safe. Remove excess water from hair. Glide through. Concentrate at the ends. rinse. best for fine, chemically treated hair. CLICK HERE to view product
The Wet Brush by Roots after-shower detangling mini brush-Red : The most amazing after-shower mini brush for ever that lets you go from wash to style without a fight. Its strong yet flexible Intelliflex bristles detangle hair in a single stroke without pulling. They glide through the knots as they bend and turn to ensure no discomfort while detangling. Whereas its SofTip polytips are gentle on scalp and don’t tug at hair. CLICK HERE to view product
Sebastian Potion 9 : Potion 9 is the ultimate versatile styling cream infused with 9 Botanical extracts to help restore lost moisture, and rejuvenate the healthy look of your hair. Perfect for styling your hair into multiple looks with flexible hold. CLICK HERE to view product