Published on July 30th, 2016 | by Sabrina Lobo
Right Choice: Concealers
The right concealer can go a long way in giving you an even and spotless complexion.
After an eventful night, the last thing you want to hear is ‘what’s that on your face?’ especially if you’ve splurged on that expensive concealer that does not work for you. A foundation may seem like a foolproof option but when it comes to obvious dark circles & blemishes, think twice before you give the concealer a miss.
The first step to covering up flaws is choosing the right concealer for your skin type. The three most commonly available types are liquid, stick and cream concealers. Here’s a low-down on each of them:
- Liquid Concealer: This is the most versatile of the lot and for a good reason! It is suitable for all skin types except for very dry and offers light to full coverage that is buildable. This kind of concealer is the most preferred for hiding blemishes. In comparison to a creamy one, it is less likely to cause additional breakouts or clog pores.
- Stick Concealer: These lipstick-like concealers are highly pigmented and provide medium to high coverage. If you’re tormented by greasy skin, you might have to reconsider buying this. However there are certain stick concealers that provide a matte finish and work really well for oily skin.
- Cream Concealer: Similar to a stick concealer except that it comes in a small pot or palette, severe discolorations like melasma and under-eye circles can be perfectly disguised with a cream concealer. However it can look cakey on the skin if not blended properly. Its consistency makes it apt for dry skin.
Once you’ve chosen the right type of concealer, the challenge is to narrow down the shade that will camouflage your problem areas. You can either cover or correct using these tips:
- Pay attention to words like beige, cool, warm, neutral etc. These denote undertones like warm is suitable for Indian skin.
- If your motive is to even out your skin tone, go for a concealer that’s a shade lighter than your foundation. This particularly works well for blemishes and dark spots.
- To reduce the visibility of dark circles, use a concealer with a yellow base that’s lighter than your skin tone.
FAB BAG PICKS
Makeup Revolution The Matte Effect Concealer Stick : Matte and very creamy, packing all the coverage you need to depend on. An all round concealer providing a matte finish covering all imperfections. Definitely a product which should be part of your daily makeup routine for quick and easy coverups. CLICK HERE to view product
Bourjois Correcting Concealer Stick : The new Correcting Concealer Stick erases and evens out all imperfections in one stroke, thanks to a new generation formula.Its formula: A creamy and blendable texture. High coverage yet a natural streak-free result! The concealer stick allows for easy, precise application and touch-ups on the go! CLICK HERE to view product
Lollipops Paris Anti Cernes Concealer : A liquid concealer specially for sensitive skin which mattifies and conceals imperfections. The foam applicator makes it easy to apply. It leaves your skin unified, soft, and smooth with a non-greasy long-lasting formula. It is has an SPF 15, is enriched with anti-ageing vitamin E, and is paraben-free. CLICK HERE to view product