Published on August 12th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
To Try: Substitutes
Being a rather harried work-from-home mommy has its’ funny moments, including running out of beauty products at the nth hour. So here are some of my favourite substitutes and face savers!
Once you hit 30, while age is not so much an issue, tiredness certainly is. Lack of sleep, heavy dinners, or just overall fatigue can really show on your face and make you look a little haggard. So here are my face savers:
- Ice, ice baby: Run an ice cube all over the face! If that sounds a bit extreme, then just splash your face with lots of cold water, right from the refrigerator door! Cold water revitalizes the skin, reduces any puffiness and puts that sparkle back in your eye.
- Cold, cold drops: Keep your serum in the refrigerator, the night before. Your skin gets a further tingly boost from cold serum, as opposed to a room temperature one.
- Flush with blush: Nothing like bespoke rosy cheeks to bring back the first flush of youth. But omigod, you’re out of blush? No need to panic – you can do two things here. Raid your lipstick cabinet for that shimmer red, pink or even fuschia to really let your cheeks shine. Else, for a more natural “tint” – slice up a beet and rub gently on your cheeks. Let it be for 5-10 minutes and then wash off, pat (not rub) dry for softly and naturally tinted cheeks…
Hair and how:
With the current lifestyle and genetics going a tad awry, early graying is now a norm. So sometimes, you might just realize that your party night out, is being offset by those shiny strands in your hair! So what to do?
- Band it: Bring back those whirly, sparkly cloth bands that you rejected for a more “mature” look! Try using a “double” hair band – once goes on in the front and the other goes back to create a little pouf.
- Braid it: Grecian braids that adorn the crown of your hair should make it all okay.
- Hide it: If the grays are few and far between, just run a bit of your mascara on the strands – dab with a tissue to avoid any clumping!
FAB BAG PICKS
Votre Face Serum : This Aqua rich revitalizing (PM) serum enriched with virgin cold pressed oils, Herbal blends & innovative Molecules! Which helps to brighten the complexion and reduce fine lines. CLICK HERE to view product
Geri G. Plush Mascara : Stunning lashes are just a few brush strokes away with Geri G.® Plush Mascara. This Rose Water mascara delivers high-impact results by volumizing, conditioning and strengthening lashes with Bladderwrack marine extract. CLICK HERE to view product
Bellapierre Mineral Blush : Discover fabulous, good-for-you cheek color. These creamy, super sheer all mineral blushes give you a beautiful, healthy tone that looks natural. Bellapierre Mineral Blush creates a soft, radiant glow for perfect fresh-faced rosy cheeks. CLICK HERE to view product