Published on August 16th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
All About Vitamin-B
The entire group of vitamin Bs are in fact key to keeping your skin and hair healthy. Vitamin B promotes improved skin functions, which include the replacement of dead cells with fresh new ones, as well as producing the natural oils that keeps your skin soft, supple and smooth.
While vitamin B is a water soluble vitamin, which means any excess of it flows out of your body via body fluids, it’s always advisable to take your doctor’s opinion before starting yourself on any pill-popping regimen. As much as you can, stick the natural sources of vitamin B found aplenty in nature.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): It prevents oxidation and neutralises free radicals, thus preventing premature aging. CONSUME: Brown rice, wheat germ, brewers yeast, oatmeal, soy beans, cashews
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): Is vital in the metabolic processes of the body which in turn renews all cells of the body – including the skin, keeping it young and revitalised. CONSUME: milk, eggs, enriched cereals/grains, meats, liver, green vegetables.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): Is essential for cell metabolism and the absorption of carbohydrates. This not only gives you energy but also sloughs of dead skin cells and forms new ones. CONSUME: tuna, chicken, wheat germ, brown rice and broccoli.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid): Has anti-inflammatory properties, and accelerates lipid breakdown, thereby preventing the formation of acne. CONSUME: corn, eggs, cheese, meat, peanuts, broccoli and tomatoes.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine): Used to treat seborrhoeic dermatitis (common, inflammatory skin condition that causes flaky, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas such as the scalp or inside the ear.) CONSUME: whole grains, bread, liver, cereals, spinach and bananas.
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin): A vitamin for hair growth or as a treatment for alopecia. Also called Vitamin H because of the health benefits biotin is thought to provide to skin, nails, and especially hair. CONSUME: cereals, fruits, vegetable, eggs and cheese
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid): Is essential for the formation maturation and multiplication of red blood cells (the pregnancy vitamin!). It is essential for the health of the skin and hair, and helps to prevent premature greying of the hair. CONSUME: asparagus, spinach, brussels sprouts, broccoli, liver and orange juice.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin): Speeds up metabolism and boost energy levels; as well as cell renewal (skin). CONSUME: chicken, eggs, yogurt, milk and cereal.
Try a vitamin-B enriched face mask: Add 1tbsp brewer’s yeast to ½ cup yogurt, stir and refrigerate overnight. Mix in 1tbsp honey and then apply mask on in heavy layers and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and then splash on cold water for instant glow!
FAB BAG PICKS
Votre Multi Vitamin and Rejuvenating Night creme Night Infusion : Highly restorative night time moisturizer is a blend of vitamins and anti-oxidants, which helps to moisturize and protect the skin. This luxury, moisture rich night creme is clinically proven to help increase cell renewal in your skin and assist the skin’s natural regeneration process & delay pre mature aging. CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co. Multi-Vitamin Facial Massage Cream : Gives a youthful glow; Loaded with goodness of Vitamin A, C and E; Do away with dead skin while keeping the skin soft, supple and firm. Wear a youthful glow with this Multi-Vitamin Facial Massage Cream. With the goodness of Vitamin A, C and E, it helps do away with dead skin while keeping the skin soft, supple and firm. CLICK HERE to view product
Natural Bath & Body Whipped Cream : Our whipped cream is a decadent indulgence, especially for oily and sensitive skin. It has been vigorously whisked to give it a luscious, fluffy texture that gets absorbed instantly. Loaded with Vitamin E and the charmed potion of Virgin Coconut, Sweet Almond, Argan and Avocado Oils, this ultra-light cream completely nourishes, softens and tones the skin. CLICK HERE to view product