Published on August 30th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
How To: Perfect Pout
From lips don’t talk to lips that do, from lips of an angel to them devil lips – songs, poems and the cynosure of every gaze, are a woman’s lips. Dressed in reds, oranges, pinks, purples or browns – a gorgeous pout can silence many a thin lip – so here’s how to get those fantastic lips – like rose petals.
- Exfoliate: Lip are skin, delicate skin, but skin nonetheless. And skin needs to be exfoliated to get rid of the dead skin cells and reveal the brighter, smoother layer beneath. So how do you exfoliate lips? Obviously, not via harsh scrubs! Instead, slather your lips with Vaseline, Boroline or your favourite lip balm – and gently massage with a soft-bristled toothbrush for 2-3 minutes, Wipe off for a noticeably smoother pout.
- Moisture: Next to biting or worrying lips, the worst thing you can do is keep licking them. Saliva drying on the lips dries out lips further – causing them to develop unsightly cracks, fissures and dryness. Keep a lip balm handy – or just make do with Vaseline or Boroline if need be – and apply a layer every time you feel them stretch or just the urge to go licky-licky.
- Sun Protect? Are we kidding – nope! Skin needs to be sun protected. And the skin on the lips is much thinner so yes, they too need their dose of SPF. How? Use SPF-enriched lip balms or lipsticks that offer you a dose of the sun, albeit under cover!
- Foundation: We kid you not. A moisturising foundation, applied thinly onto your pout, before you got for that lip colour – fills in those cracks, and creates an adhesive base for the colour – the colour lasts and so does the smoothness.
- Plump up: Need bee-stung lips to really catch some attention? Try rubbing mint toothpaste on your lips – tingly lips means plumped out lips. Another remedy is to mix in honey, olive oil and a dash of black pepper. Rub this mixture on your lips – lips will tingle and look plumper.
FAB BAG PICKS
SUGAR Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick-Rose Dawson : Set hearts aflutter with beauty, grace and a dollop of passion with Rose Dawson – the perfect rose pink shade whose timeless appeal is sure to win the world around you! CLICK HERE to view product
Fran Wilson Moodmatcher Gloss Pink : MOODgloss color changing lip color reacts instantly with your lips to create your own perfect shade of glossy pink. Formulated with ultra-moisturizing Shea Butter, MOODgloss keeps lips soft and smooth. Fade resistant color provides up to 5 hours longwear and intense hydration. CLICK HERE to view product
HIKARI Lip Crayon : Assortment of opaque lip colors. Want to make a bold statement? Or do you want to add just a hint of color to you lips? Either way you want to have it we have the colors for you! The rich, highly pigmented colors can be as noticeable as you want to be for any event or occasion! CLICK HERE to view product