Published on September 3rd, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
5 products that should be in your bag
Face it, we women have a secret arsenal on hand when it comes to impressing the world with our looks, ahem, beauty! And keeping a secret beauty stash you can dip into to repair any damage is akin to any good military strategy.
Make-up removal wipes
- What: You cannot carry your make-up remover, cotton or trusty face wash with you in your bag lest you like leakages. So get a pack of make-up removal wipes that do the job as efficiently, with minimal fuss.
- Why: To repair that sudden influx of tears from that unexpected promotion, proposal or even just a hug!
- Which: Kara, The Body Shop as well as the trusty Oriflame and Avon have great options that don’t pinch the pocket…
- What: Drops of rain sound romantic but are likely to leave you looking like a zebra with stripes of make-up! Carry a compact to repair damage or simply redo it all if need be…
- Why: Powder your nose or reset your make-up, whatever be the need of the hour.
Lip Balm (or gloss)
- What: Dig into some good food and that lipper, stay-on as it might be, is bound to come off in degrees. You don’t have look the same at all time, so look natural after a meal and just gloss up!
- Why: Repair colour loss to lips (and double up as cheek tint if need be).
- What: Most of us don’t carry eye make-up at hand and frankly there isn’t a need but for that tube of mascara – one application instantly makes you look groomed, pretty and with ‘eyes wide open’ for fun!
- Why: Mascara actually ‘opens’ up eyes making you look subtly transformed without the whole gamut of make-up…
- What: Shocker as it might be for you, that 24-hour deo may only be lasting you till mid-day leaving the other to sweat it out with your BO! A quick wipe with a wet towellete and then a dab of perfume will freshen you up in a jiffy.
- Why: That 20-minute post lunch walk may have left you sweaty and unfit to face that important client meeting – spray some perfume on for a burst of fragrance and confidence.
P.S.: Do add a bottle of mints or a stick of minty gum to your beauty kitty too. Romance could be around the corner!
FAB BAG PICKS
Natio Mascara Max Curl Blackest Black : Luxe lashes can be yours with the sweep of a brush. Lightweight formula with a special curved brush to create extra lash curling power. CLICK HERE to view product
Just Herbs Liquorice Shea Lip Butter Balm : A smoothening lip balm made from certified organic beeswax, certified organic cold-pressed oils of Avocado, Safflower and Sweet Almond along with ultra moisturizing Shea Butter. Unlike petroleum jelly and other petroleum derived mineral oils, these natural ingredients not only seal in the lips moisture but also impart additional hydration to coarse and parched lips without clogging pores. CLICK HERE to view product
Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact Powder : Give your skin a boost of radiance and even out that skin tone! Enriched with exotic fruit therapy to restore and rebalance the skin. Its ultra-fine texture is easy to blend and its feather-light feel will makes application easy! Its slim compact casing and large mirror inside is an ideal handbag essential and perfect for touch-ups on the go! CLICK HERE to view product