Published on September 3rd, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Beauty is not just about make-up, but pairing the right make-up with the right dress. Here are my picks – seven of my favourite celebrity LBD looks along with their jaw-dropping make-up!
It’s not easy being under the spotlight – from make-up gaffes to wardrobe malfunctions – they live a much scrutinized life. If they look good it has to be the cosmetic surgery and if they look bad, it has to be the lifestyle! So here’s giving 7 gals a break, and applause for their really well put together looks.
- Anne Hathaway gets it so right in her ultra simple and stylish turtleneck black sheath – she pairs it with black heels and a black clutch with just simple studs. Her make-up is powerful – a clean complexion with darkened brows, rosy cheeks and a dark red lipstick. Boldly feminine all through.
- Loved this black number of Charlize Theron – it’s a girlie LBD and she carried it off to perfection. She shows of a great tan, has her hair side-swept into a bun – studs in her ears and some bangles in her watch hand look pretty. The makeup is a tad beachy – coral pink lips with plenty bronzer. Oh, and love those heels.
- Elizabeth Olsen is not a fashion favourite of mine – but I do like the picture she paints with this red and black cape dress. The side swept curls add some dimension – the makeup is classic Hollywood – lined eyes and soft red lips. I love the fact that she kept the red to accents and wore black heels. Stylish and not OTT at all.
- Emma Roberts is perhaps what every girl want to look like at her prom night or first date out – incredibly feminine and pretty – the black frock dress is just right for her. The beachy waves with muted black clutch and heels and makeup that’s barely there – perfect!
- Gemma Arterton looks oh-so-pretty in this black not-so-little tube dress. The smokey eyes with a nude coral lipstick match her blush and radiant complexion – the oxblood nail paint and the neon green clutch is oh-so-stylish.
- And then there’s Lily Collins – she probably breathes stylishly too! Her dark brows highlight her soft feminine looks and she dresses up in the same sartorial style – her dress is a mix of the bold and the feminine. Paired with peep-toe shoes and a black clutch, she’s looks pixie-like.
- Finally we come to Victoria Beckham aka Posh, the fairer half of the Posh-and-Becks. Trust her to do something off the rack with an LBD. Though her reed-thin figure and sculpted face is not what I dub as wholesome beauty, she still is extremely stylish. Her shiny LBD coupled with barely-there accessories look super.
FAB BAG PICKS
SUGAR Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick-Poison Ivy : A classic shade that can instantly add a touch of mystery to your entire look, Poison Ivy is hot on the runway and a must-try shade for those who love to experiment. CLICK HERE to view product
Geri G. Plush Mascara : Stunning lashes are just a few brush strokes away with Geri G.® Plush Mascara. This Rose Water mascara delivers high-impact results by volumizing, conditioning and strengthening lashes with Bladderwrack marine extract. CLICK HERE to view product
Makeup Revolution Vivid Blush Lacquer : Ultra intensive liquid blush for intense pop of colour and easy to blend. A creamy blush that creates a rich, long lasting vivid colour on the cheeks. Easily blend-able across the cheeks for a natural and easy to build the shade up on any skin tone. And gives the skin a natural, soft and matte finish. CLICK HERE to view product