Published on September 12th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Tips & Tricks: Cleansing
Why does the skin need to be cleaned? To get rid of pollution and impurities, excess sebum (read oil), dead skin cells, make-up and any other pigments or particles that do not belong on the surface of the skin…
5 pro tips:
- Invest in a good face wash – aim for skin that feels mayhaps just a little bit oily after a wash, squeaky clean means that you just destroyed the skin’s natural barriers and have left it dry and dehydrated. Gentle cleansers are best..
- Moisturise immediately after cleansing, on mildly damp skin – the pores are open, the skin ready to best receive moisture and the natural barrier of the skin re-erected.
- Remember to exfoliate once or twice a week. Exfoliation sloughs off the dead skin layer and reveals newer, fresher skin underneath that not only looks better but also absorbs hydration better.
- Make-up removers are vital – your ordinary facewash does not fully remove mineral or oil-based colour pigments. In case of emergency, use baby oil or olive oil – spread lightly over face and wipe off with tissue. Repeat as many times as required till tissue comes off oily but clean. Then use your face wash to remove extra oil.
- It is better to cleanse twice with a cream or lotion Cleanser than use a harsh detergent based cleanser once to remove makeup.
FAB BAG PICKS
Johara PhytoBright Whitening Cleanser : Johara PhytoBright Whitening Cleanser is a gentle purifying cleanser that effectively removes impurities and reduces excess oil while protecting your skin’s vital moisture. This gentle cleanser will also enhance your skin’s texture to reveal beautiful clarity and glow. CLICK HERE to view product
SeaSoul Phytogel Mineral Foaming Cleanser : This non-soapy formulation contains revolutionary- Dead Sea Pearls- which melt to release minerals into the skin, gets rid of impurities & excess oil. Noni Fruit-Leaves Acne skin clean & refreshed.Lemon Balm-removes makeup residue & oils, soothes, heal & tightens leaving a purified & hydrated skin. CLICK HERE to view product