Published on September 27th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
TLC For Skin
Your skin is the largest and often ignored organ of your body – it’s what keeps your insides protected, literally. And for it to glow, treat it with love, affection and lotion!
Moisturising your skin is not just about buying the latest lotion off the rack, or lusting for that expensive pump bottle just out of your salary reach. Chances are if you are doing it right, most moisturizers will help.
Tips & Tricks:
- Long, hot showers strip skin of its moisture and wash away its protective oils. Limiting your showers to no more than ten minutes and keep the watr as close to cool as possible. Lock in the skin’s natural hydration by applying a cream or lotion within three minutes of exiting the bathtub or shower – if your skin feels dry, you’ve waited too long.
- Try these active ingredients: Humectants: These include glycerin, sorbitol, urea, or proylene glycol. They attract water by pulling it up from deeper skin layers. They’re good choices for people with oily skin as these lotions do not have any extra oil in them. Occlusives: Petroleum jelly, lanolin, and beeswax are good examples. They prevent water from evaporating and are good for people with dry skins. Barrier-repair compounds: These include ceramide, monolaurin, and linoleic acid. These ingredients often used in combination with others like cholesterol, help repair the skin’s barrier to prevent moisture loss and damage. Most anti-ageing, skin repairing or brightening lotions have these.
- Pricey, no need! Both pricey and cheaper products work about the same when it comes to simple body lotions – try reading the label before you shell out those extra bucks.
- Different needs, separate lotions: Your eyes needs eye cream; your lips need balm, your face needs a cream and your body a lotion. You have to keep multiple moisturizers for they all act differently – while you can pull of a body lotion as ahand and foot cream – let sensitive areas have their specialized hydration.
- Seasonal chanhes: You do not wear shorts in winters, do you? And nor do you wear sweaters for summers! So switch to lighter lotions and gels in hot, sultry months and go for the balms or butters in winters.
FAB BAG PICKS
The Nature’s Co. White Peach Body Lotion : Packed with fibers and vitamins; Has intoxicating fragrance; Moisturizing properties. Enriched with peach extract this lotion is packed with fibers and vitamins. The intoxicating fragrance and moisturizing properties of the white peach will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and with moments of total well being. CLICK HERE to view product
Kronokare Nourish Now Body Lotion : Massage your soft corner with our deeply nourishing citrus lotion. Get rid of the yucky, feel lovely and lucky! Citrus works on cleansing from within, and on every inch, from toe to chin. The essential oils will hydrate and care, and with a scent so fresh, you’ll think twice before you share. CLICK HERE to view product
Ananda Spa Nourishing Sandalwood Lotion : Treat dry and dehydrated skin with this deeply quenching and spiritually calming lotion bursting with rare Indian Sandalwood known for centuries for its ability to heal dry, inflamed, over worked stressed skins. Divinely soothing and deeply nourishing. CLICK HERE to view product