Published on October 3rd, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
How To: Tips for Nails & Lips
For your pout:
- Prime your lips by exfoliating with some Vaseline and a toothbrush – then apply a good lip balm with enough SPF in it. Wait for the balm to get absorbed and wipe off.
- Outline the lips with a lip liner the colour of your lips, or of the lipstick. Now dab a bit of foundation on your finger tip and apply to your lips.
- Apply a thin layer of lipstick with a brush – the thinner the layer, the better hold and less smearing. You can now dab on some face powder to make the lipstick hold a bit longer.
- Now apply another layer of lipstick. Kiss a tissue to remove any extra pigment from your lips. Voila, luscious “non-transferable” lips!
For your tips:
- Start with clean, bare nails with no remnants of old polish.
- Paint a layer of bare polish on the nails and let it dry.
- Now using the colour of your choice, paint a strip right in the middle of your nail, and then on either side.
- Once dry, repeat to darken the colour. Again, when dry, use a clear top coat to seal in the colour.
- To fix those annoying lines of polish next to your cuticles, take a little makeup brush and dip the end in nail polish remover. Else, Put Vaseline around your nail and cuticles before painting. The Vaseline will make any nail polish on your skin be wiped off easily.
FAB BAG PICKS
Sally Hansen Complete Care Extra Moisturizing 4in1 Nail Treatment : Advanced technology & high-performance ingredients are combined to deliver the benefits of 4 nail treatments in 1 revolutionary formula!1) Base Coat – Patented Okoume Extract help ridges and imperfections virtually disappear. Nails grow out smoother with less ridges and flaws. CLICK HERE to view product
SUGAR It’s A-Pout Time! Vivid Lipstick-That ’70s Red : Creamy and moisturising, SUGAR It’s A-Pout Time! Vivid Lipstick combines the look of a classic matte lip with the benefit of incredible comfort. Enriched with micronized pigments and silica micro-beads, this matte lipstick glides on easily and settles to a gorgeous matte finish. FDA approved, this lipstick is free of mineral oil and parabens. That ’70s Red is a red matte lip colour shade for the femme fatale in you. CLICK HERE to view product
Fran Wilson Moodmatcher Luxe Twist Stick : Define the perfect pout with hi-definition Twist Stick that instantly reacts with your lips to create a one-of-its-kind shade that perfectly suits your mood. Clinically proven with 12-hour staying power, they never smudge, feather or bleed. Get ready for gorgeous matte coverage that will take you from work to play, with the confidence that your lip colour will last all day. CLICK HERE to view product