Published on October 14th, 2016 | by Sharmila Chand
How To: Choose your perfect size
Itching to get out of your bra? Then you need to get your act straight about wearing the right one!
Wearing a poorly-fitting bra isn’t just a fashion faux-pas; it can cause health problems and ultimate distortion of your breasts. Remember the right bra not only supports but also gives you a sense of poise and protects delicate ligaments in the breast – without putting undue pressure on the back or shoulders. The size, material and fitting of the bra is important so that it does not stretch the breast tissue over time, making your breasts sag and droop. Particularly harmful is compressing the breast tissue between an underwire and your body. Do your bra straps cause red marks on your shoulder? Or does the bra pull your shoulders forward? Do your bra straps slide down unless you’re constantly adjusting them? If you answer yes to any of these questions, change the bra immediately. A bra should keep your breasts firm and adjust well with the contours of your body – not pinch, stretch or compress!
- Understand bra size. It comes with a number and a letter. The number denotes the size of the back strap and the letter is the cup size. For example “36B” indicates that the bra has a size 36 back strap and a B cup. It’s best to measure yourself when you’re wearing a bra – make sure it has no padding and is not a minimizer.
- Band Measurement: Have someone measure you around your chest just underneath the breasts. Make sure the tape measure lies flat against your body and makes a straight line across your back. This si almost always your band size if it’s an even number, but if it’s an odd one – try bras both one size less and one size more – for example: if you measure 31 – try bras in 30 & 32 to get to the right size.
- Cup Measurement: Have someone measure you around your chest, over the fullest part of your bust. Again, the tape measure must be straight across your back. Subtract the backstrap measurement from the cup measurement. The difference will give your cup size. Inches wise: 1-A, 2-B, 3-C, 4-D, 5-DD or E and 6-DDD or F.
The ‘right’ one
- The best way is to try on a range of bras. Every brand has its own size and shape specifications. So try from various labels and select the one that is most comfortable and provides maximum support.
- Try your bra in front of a mirror and look for any bulging. If the breasts bulge over the top or side of the bra – the cup size is too small.
- Lean forward and allow your breasts to fall into the cups. If there is wrinkling of the bra cup – the cup is too large.
- If your bust appears to sag – then the back strap is too large. Generally, your bust will be supported at the correct height if the fullest part of it sits midway between your shoulder and your elbow.
- One thing to remember about cup sizes is that the volume of a particular cup will change depending on the size of the back strap. The cup on a 34B, for instance, will be smaller than the cup on a 36B. So, if a 36C bra has a cup that fits you perfectly, but is too loose in the back strap, you may need to go down one back strap size but up a cup size – to a 34D – though it may vary as per your body shape and size.
FAB BAG PICKS
Votre Tissue Nourishment Oil Breast Tightening & Re Contouring Oil : This specialty daily use massage oil is a mixture of TIGHTENING & FIRMING herbs which provide the necessary nourishment required for the Bust. It gives strength to the Breast muscle and relaxes the muscle tension. CLICK HERE to view product
Votre Breast Tightening & Uplifting Combo Kit : This Combo Kit of Tissue Nourishment Lotion & Tissue Nourishment Oil contains special plant extracts that work naturally to firm, tone, and strengthen the delicate skin of the bust and decollete, where firmness and tone may be compromised due to age, gravity, and photo-damage. CLICK HERE to view product
Votre Tissue Nourishment Lotion : This nourishment lotion contains intensive lifting & firming complex & active molecules that penetrate deep into the skin to achieve a healthy breast line. If used regularly, it re contours & redefines the breasts. CLICK HERE to view product