Published on October 18th, 2016 | by Apara Bhattacharya
Beauty With Carrots
Carrots are packed with natural antioxidants like Beta-carotene, Anthocyanin and Lutien that enable your skin fight against free radicals, thus giving thumbs down to the natural ageing process. Thiamine, Niacin, Folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C – you name a Vitamin and the carrot has it all! Plus, a carrot a day will supply your system with doses of minerals like Potassium, Manganese, Sodium, Fluoride, Zinc, and a lot more minerals. Carrots drain out toxins from the skin and make it appear refreshed and young. What’s more, the natural Vitamins along with carotene, gives nourishment to the skin too…
DIY with carrots:
- Juice it up: Carrot juice happens to be the best toner for ageing skin. It replenishes the damages, hydrates it and brings back the suppleness that gets lost with age. All you have to do is to squeeze out fresh carrot juice, store in a bottle and refrigerate it. Dab the juice onto your facial skin at least twice a day, and get back your youthfulness!
- Suppleness reinstalled: Lock the natural moisture in your skin and hydrate it naturally with carrots. Grate two fresh carrots and mix a teaspoon of raw milk with it. Along with this, add a teaspoonful of pure honey and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Smear all over your clean face and wait for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with water and look into the mirror to find your face smiling back at you!
- Reverse skin damage: Extract juice out of two fresh carrots and mix it with rose water in a ratio of 1:2. Refrigerate this calming emulsion in a spray bottle. Spray it all over your face and exposed skin as you as you return home. It will reverse back the damages caused by pollution and soothe sun burnt skin, thereby serving as a great product to keep skin problems at bay.
- TLC for dry hair: Simply boil carrots and zap them in a mixer. Then beat an egg and some yogurt and add the blended carrot to it. Apply this on your hair and keep it on for about an hour. Wash it off with warm water and shampoo plus condition as you do.
- Un-mask that beauty: Boil carrots and zap them in the blender to get a consistent puree. Add a bit of honey, 8-10 drops lemon juice and 2-3 drops olive oil. Apply evenly all over face and neck and keep on for 15 minutes. Wash off to reveal brighter, firmer and more glowing skin.
FAB BAG PICKS
Kaya Purifying Cleanser : Purifying Cleanser gently cleanses the pores from deep within, removing excess oil, dirt, and impurities. It contains salicylic Acid with acne fighting properties that help reduce acne and prevent future breakouts. Unique Skin conditioners ensure that skin doesn’t feel stretched and dry. A must have for clear, oil-free and healthier looking skin. CLICK HERE to view product
Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Mask : Paraben free repairing mask that intensively restores and preserves the natural inner structure and strength of the hair. With NuTREE complex enriched with natural tree extract, to provide up to 10x strength against breakage* for renewed hair vitality. Captivating fragrance inspired by the green woods of the Amazon. The NuTREE complex targets the scalp and hair inside and out to ensure that both act and stay like renewed over time. CLICK HERE to view product
SeaSoul Dead Sea Aloe Gel Toning Mask : Aloe Vera-Minimizes Pores & Evens Out skin tone, purifies& removes toxins, reduces the Dark Spots &Dead Sea Minerals-Infuses Essential Minerals into SkinPlant Stem Cells – Hydrates & Improves Texture. CLICK HERE to view product