Published on October 28th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Fab Tips For Blow-Drying
Blow-drying is a diva’s ultimate tool – but if you are a hairdryer bumbler – chances are, a hair dryer leaves you and your hair in shambles! So here are 5 tips that will ensure your hair responds well to drying and becomes your crowning glory instead of a disaster!
- Section: It’s really not as difficult as it sounds. Also bending over at your waist and blow-drying until you get dizzy will not help you, or your hair! Once you have detangled your hair, keep duckbill clips or clutchers nearby – make a minimum of three horizontal sections and clip up the others.
- The wrong hand: Table manners demand the dominant hand to hold the knife; similarly, it’s the brush you should be holding in the dominant hand. The brush needs to be moved with dexterity, not the dryer.
- Pull up, not down: A naturally inclination is to pull the brush towards gravity – but that flattens the hair across the scalp – no voluminous mane then! Pull the hair halfway up towards the sky (okay, the ceiling!) – hold the brush at mid length. The hair till mid-length should be blasted upwards while the hair falling below can be styled downwards.
- Smoking strands: Holding the dryer too close to the hair will only fry it and damage the hair cuticle. Also hair that is still damp is akin to spraying water on a hot pan – it will sizzle – and we do not mean that in a sexy way…
- Too much, too sun: The cardinal sin of drying is drying the hair as if there were no tomorrow. A hair dryer is a styling tool – not an omigod-I’m-late-for-work tool – it’s better to let damp hair air dry their way to your office, rather than trying to dry hair by blow drying. Use a dryer on almost dry hair – with a thermal hair protectant in place and when you have the time to spare!
FAB BAG PICKS
Roots Professional Morocvita Oil : Pamper your hair with Roots Professional Morocvita Argan Oil, extracted from the Argan seeds. It is non-sticky and gets instantly absorbed by hair. Excellent for styling and finishing it can also be used after every hair wash on damp hair. It helps tame frizzy and unmanageable hair and the added vitamins A & E help nourish every hair follicle at the core. It also offers protection from UV rays and pollution. CLICK HERE to view product
Wella Brilliance Combo : Bring the brilliance of Koleston Perfect and Color Touch into a new sensorial dimension with triple- blend care technology and diamond dust. Multi-level conditioning products for all hair textures.Brilliance Shampoo:With new Microlight Crystal Complex Technology, specially designed to enhance the brilliance of Wella Professionals colours. Its formula is infused with antioxidant action that carefully protects keratin from harmful free radicals for longer lasting and healthy looking coloured hair, leaving even fine hair full of shine and vitality, and thick hair irresistibly smooth and soft to the touch. CLICK HERE to view product