Published on November 2nd, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
From your kitchen: Besan
No fancy skin care product will replace the old age beauty secrets that have been passed down by your grandmother… Besan (gram flour) is one such ingredient, the secrets of which, I am sure will be passed by you someday to your daughters and granddaughters. Let’s give you a quick peek into our list of favorite besan-ed beauty tricks.
1. For Oily Skin: Mix 1 tbsp besan, ½ tbsp curd, ½ tbsp honey and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply it evenly on your face and neck. Massage for 2 minutes and leave it to dry. Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel. Do this once a week and see the difference as besan clears up that oil.
2. Combination Skin: Repeat the same mixture but skip the turmeric powder. Also replace the curd with milk if your skin is prone to dryness. This will balance the natural oils without stripping your skin of it.
3. Dry Skin: Mix ½ tbsp besan, 1tbsp cream and ½ tbsp honey. Apply evenly but wash off in 5-7 minutes while still damp. Take some rose water and wipe your face; follow up with moisturiser for skin that really soaks in all the goodness.
Some TLC for the body:
As we said besan is an all rounder of an ingredient. To get your body skin happy, mix 5tbsp besan with half a bowl of full-fat milk (you can also add in some fruit pulp for added anti-oxidant benefits). Apply this paste on all over your body (Limit this indulgence to your washroom or an area that can be cleaned up easily.) Scrub for about 5 minutes and then leave on for another 10.
1. If you have oily skin, head straight to the shower and scrub off with a sponge or loofah with your hands. Don’t use soap or shower gel.
2. If you have dry skin, then take olive oil and start applying over the dried besan. The oil will moisten the besan enough for it to be sloughed off. Head for a shower and towel dry your body.
Your skin will be baby soft. Now cancel that spa appointment and take a siesta instead.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs Insta Glow Almond Complexion Pack : This face pack instantly rejuvenates and revitalizes a dry dehydrated and mature skin, with a difference you can see and feel giving it a much smoother appearance and an even complexion tone. The anti-inflammatory properties of the herbs coupled with the purifying action of fullers earth and the antioxidant and nourishing properties of almonds help to restore the natural glow of the skin. Excessively dry skin can be benefited by thinning the paste with raw milk, milk cream or honey. CLICK HERE to view product
Natural Bath & Body After Bath Milk-Aloe Cucumber : Hydration and purity in a bottle – that’s our lush after bath milk for you. Crafted from a complex medley of vegetable oils and raw, untainted milk, it is infused with hydrating aloe vera and cooling, refreshing aloe vera. The crowning glory of your bathing ritual, our after bath milk wraps your skin in life-giving moisture, leaving it repaired, youthful and radiant. CLICK HERE to view product