Published on November 5th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Kitchen Secrets: Bananas
Why Bananas? They are rich source of potassium, vitamin A, B, C and E, and natural oils that give bananas their wonderfully emollient properties! For more plus-plus, know that bananas contain tryptophan, a rich amino acid known to be extremely beneficial for hair and skin. While there are many products you can buy, begin with a beauty treatment, whipped up at home!
What you need: ripe bananas (2 for long hair, 1 for short), 2tbsp honey, 1tsp almond or olive oil and 1 egg yolk.
- Blitz all the ingredients to make a smooth paste (add more bananas if need be to fully coat hair)
- Moisten your hair with a little warm water (damp, not dripping) and apply the paste to your hair.
- Cover with a shower cap to ensure the pack penetrates deep into the roots.
- After 30 minutes, shampoo and condition as you normally would.
What you need: 1 banana, peeled and mashed, 4tbsp besan, 1 egg, beaten.
- Blend besan and banana until it turns to a paste. Add the beaten egg. Paste should be thick and not too runny.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck.
- After 15 minutes, rinse with cold water.
FAB BAG PICKS
The Nature’s Co. Rosemary Hibiscus Hair Mask : Acts as a natural conditioner; Gives shine; It stimulates hair follicles, prevents hair loss, premature graying & dandruff; Rosemary prevents thinning hair and hair loss. For Silky Shiny Hair. Amla is a natural conditioner, gives shine to hairs. It stimulates hair follicles, prevents hair loss, premature graying & dandruff. Rosemary prevents thinning hair and hair loss. It fights against premature graying and can gradually darken existing gray hair. CLICK HERE to view product
SaND for Soapaholics Deadly Face Mask-100gm : This re-mineralizing face mask contains Dead Sea Mud that gently exfoliates the skin to draw out any impurities and toxins. To make it the perfect detox regimen for you, we have also folded in oodles of Aloe vera, which keeps your skin hydrated, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Last, but definitely not least, the antiseptic properties of the Coconut and Grapeseed Oils make it THE beauty solution for you. So what are you waiting for? CLICK HERE to view product
Suganda Neem Green Tea Plant Mask : A mask for oily and acne prone skin,to control oiliness, breakouts and to give anti oxidant and healing benefits of green tea to the skin. Also helps with Sun damage. A fantastic anti-ageing Mask for oily skin, suited for sensitive skin. CLICK HERE to view product