Published on November 13th, 2016 | by Gayatri Dahiya
How To: Get Rid Of Zits
The clothes are ready, so are the pretty shoes you just paid a bomb for, your hair looks salon-perfect, and everything seems just right, until you look in the mirror and see what you’d least expect or want – a zit!
Rome may not have been built in a day, but pimples sure can be fixed in 24 hours. Don’t believe us? Here’s all you need to know about fixing those unwanted zits fast, without needing to discover Aladdin’s lamp:
- Stress is the leading cause for adult acne, so no matter how soon you’d want to wish away your pimpled agony, you’ve got to just relax. Fret, fret, and fret some more, and you might just end up with more pimples. So, take it easy, take a few deep breaths, and remind yourself to relax. Remember there is some truth to the half-baked advice celebrities dole out every now and then, which is, that happy on the inside looks happy and pretty on the outside.
Pop a multi vitamin
- Take a multivitamin every 12 hours up to the time of the event. Be sure to take it with water and food. Your skin needs Vitamin B and Vitamin E to dry out the zit, and this is probably THE most important thing you can do to help your skin heal.
- This may seem like irrelevant advice in a zit-related emergency, but understand that your skin needs all the hydration it can get in order to move the vitamins around to where they are needed for the repair job. Also, avoid any and all caffeine and alcohol (save the drinking for after the pimple has vanished). Stick with the H2O.
- Remember when we were young girls and our mothers insisted we wash our face once before school, once after school, once before going to play, and once after coming back home? No, she wasn’t torturing us, but instilling the best habit for clean, happy skin. Gently clean your face every 4 hours that you’re awake. Don’t buff it, don’t scrub it (exfoliation can worsen even the slightest acne); just lather well and rinse well.
When time is of the essence, you need some really-quick fixes to get rid of that zit:
- Calamine Lotion—Undoubtedly the best advice we can give you for any and all your skin woes, and especially when dealing with a nasty zit. Dab a thick layer of calamine on the zit, and let it dry over night. Wake up to a dried zit, and an instantly prettier face. In fact, we’d even recommend mixing in a few drops of calamine with your daily moisturiser – it acts as a sunscreen and keeps your skin healthy and radiant.
Honey—This wonder potion can be used to treat a plethora of skin conditions, including tightening pores, soothing irritated skin, and drying a zit. Dab raw honey (mixed with a pinch of turmeric) on a pimple and watch it dry up in a jffy!
- Lavender Oil—Apart from being an anti-bacterial for burns and cuts, lavender is most valued for treating acne because it helps restores the skin’s oil balance. It also helps reduce scarring, rashes and skin blemishes. Use a cotton ball to dab a little lavender oil on pimples and they will be dried up in the morning.
- Baking Soda—If you really can’t figure any other way out to get rid of the zit – make a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply it to the pimple. The baking soda will dry up the pimple overnight.
- Toothpaste—The jury’s still out on whether this is more harmful than helpful for skincare, but it is a tried and tested cure for overnight-pimple-removal. Dab the pimple with toothpaste, and wake up to no zit. However, be careful to use a paste that is free of menthol and fluoride. Menthol cause inflammation and itching when applied on skin, and fluoride can cause breakouts on sensitive skin.
FAB BAG PICKS
The Nature’s Co. Garlic Anti-Acne Cream: It’s a powerful detoxifier; Has antibacterial and antifungal properties which reduces acne drastically. Get healthy, acne-free skin with the power of nature. Garlic Anti-Acne Cream is a powerful detoxifier. Its antibacterial and antifungal properties help fight against acne by reducing it drastically. CLICK HERE to view product
Just Herbs Advanced Ayurvedic Pimple Treatment: Effectively flushes out every trace of bacteria, grime, and excess oil from clogged pores thus preventing the formation of black or white heads and the consequent pore enlargement. It works hard on pimples deep down to soothe and heal the troubled skin from within. CLICK HERE to view product