Published on November 14th, 2016 | by FAB BAG
Watch those signs – Bad Salon
Stylist, hygiene or just a bedside manner – some clear signals that show that your salon might just be “bad”!
- A ‘rude’ stylist: I am fine with a stylist who’s not talkative and quietly does her work, but I take offence against the ones who look at my hair or my skin and shake their heads in a “my-god-you-should-have-come-earlier-to-me’ tch-tch empathy! My hair, my skin, my business. If something needs to be fixed, fix it; if there’s any genuine advise you need to give, give it – but do that in a normal conversational voice – if you are snooty, I can be snootier… And to the dogs with guest manners at a salon then.
- Dirty bathrooms: If there’s one thing I cannot stand, anywhere, its dirty crud-encrusted toilets. And if I find a dirty bathroom at a salon, then that’s it – vamoose! A salon is supposed to be hygiene-oriented and if they cannot begin with the basic – a bathroom then face it, I doubt they are paying attention to the other, more minute stuff.
- Making me wait: This is not a doctor’s office, though why we have to wait at a doctor’s is also a bit beyond me. But nonetheless, if 2pm is the time you gave me, either pre-inform me of a delay or get the stylist to be there on time, no matter what. A low-point has been a salon asking me to be on time due to a chockablock schedule, upon which I was, only to discover that the stylist was out for lunch, for a full 25 minutes.
- We don’t cut children’s hair: Well, advertise is somewhere then, or put up a sign board – but elaborate shoulder shrugs and not-so-hidden eye rolls is not what would make you retain a customer.
- LISTEN to me: If I ask you to cut my hair shoulder length, please do not cut them shorter than that – there are multitudinous reasons I ask you, the stylist, for something. Listen to me, and if you feel otherwise, tell me before you so something, not after.
FAB BAG PICKS
Sebastian Volupt Spray : Raise hair into spectacular stage-filling styles with the cushion particle technology that best combines full-on volume and sensual softness. For extra volume, use with Volupt shampoo and conditioner. CLICK HERE to view product
Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo : • Sulfate free shampoo that renews the moisture of the hair, preserving and nourishing it from root to tip. • With NuTREE complex enriched with natural tree extract, to provide up to 10x strength against breakage* for renewed hair vitality. • Captivating fragrance inspired by the green woods of the Amazon. The NuTREE complex targets the scalp and hair inside and out to ensure that both act and stay like renewed over time. CLICK HERE to view product
Redken Diamond Oil Deep Facets Intensive Treatment : Hair Oil Treatment by Redken is specifically designed for dry and damaged hair. This deep conditioning mask nourishes, strengthens & replenishes hair to prevent damage & breakage. This hair oil treatment formula boosts hair’s natural shine. CLICK HERE to view product