Published on November 14th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
How To: Get Rid Of Dark Joints
A fair beauty, marred by unsightly joints. Sound familiar?
Reasons galore, but dark patchy joints – be it elbows, knees or ankles can quite ruin the day. This is a perennial problem with many, so much so that at times you may refuse to step into a mini just because your knees look bad. Here are some common sense cures, natural remedies as well as retail therapy to help you combat it all.
Every Day Cures:
- Pay special attention to scrubbing your joints every day. It’s easy for dead skin to build up there, as the skin is thicker at joints.
- Every time you bleach your face, apply a little bleach on your joints too. It tends to lighten skin a bit.
- Run lemon juice over the darkened areas and you’ll see a lightening of the skin within a week.
- Use AHA-based scrubs over the area for faster and more efficient exfoliation.
Remedies from the Kitchen
- Olive oil and Salt Scrub: While olive oil acts as a natural moisturiser and hydrates the dry blotches on your knees, knuckles and elbows, salt is a natural scrubber that exfoliates dry skin. A plus on this will be few drops of lemon, which is natural bleach. Prepare this mixture and smear on. Leave on for a few minutes and wash off for skin that lightens over time.
- Sugar and Coconut Oil scrub: Make it a part of your regular regime to use a scrub made from sugar and coconut oil on the dark patches. Mix coarse granules of white sugar with coconut oil in a 1:2 ration and apply on the blotchy spots. Now rub gently in circular motion for a couple of seconds and then wash off. While sugar granules will make the areas smooth, coconut oil will lighten and hydrate them.
- Yogurt and Almond Powder Paste: Who hasn’t heard of the natural youth enhancer – almond? But many might not have known till date that almond paste works wonders on dark, patchy elbows, knuckles and knees too! The natural oil present in it is rich in Vitamin E. Thus, together with making the patchy skin smooth it lightens the same and unclogs the dead cells. You can augment its power by adding a spoonful of yogurt to it. The acids in yogurt will serve additionally as natural bleach. Apply this paste, keep on for 10-15 minutes and then wash off.
FAB BAG PICKS
Votre White Essence Brightening Scrub : A complexion enhancing advanced scrub with natural exfoliants that reveals your natural fairness and glowing skin. Licorice, Aloe, Tomato Extract, Blackberry helps regulate melanin synthesis while turmeric extract nourishes the skin. The result is visibly brighter, soft and glowing skin. CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co. Mandarin Sugar Scrub : Natural exfoliant; Promotes a finer textured skin; Removes stretch marks and scars; Encourages the growth of new skin cells. For Oily SkinAll you need to do for beautiful, smooth skin is scrub. Our Mandarin Sugar Body Scrub contains Brown Sugar which is a natural exfoliant and Mandarin oil that promotes a finer textured skin, is excellent in helping with stretch marks and scars and encourages the growth of new skin cells. In the shower or bath, spread the scrub over your entire body. CLICK HERE to view product
Tattva Vanilla Cinnamon Body Scrub : The scrub is ideal for all types of skin without getting to oily.It exfoliates gently removing dead cells off the skin while moisturising the body. The vanilla and cinnamon is refreshing and leaves a wonderful fragrance. CLICK HERE to view product