Published on December 6th, 2016 | by Ahana Basu
Fix It: Nose Problem!
With a small face, a large nose sticks out like a sore, well, nose. Here are a few tips and tricks to reduce our noses, or at least look like we did.
Growing up, I was always told how I look exactly like my dad. While this is a compliment in many regards, I was really worried that I had inherited the family Big Red Nose. If you’re very conscious and have the money, you can go in for surgery. Otherwise, here are some less permanent solutions…
- You want to play down your nose, how about playing up your better features? Go bold with your eyes. Deep, slightly smudged liner and shimmery highlighter will have onlookers gazing only at your eyes. Wear bright shades of eyeshadow as well. An eyeshadow with a slight green tint will help minimize the appearance of depth around the edges, thus creating a smaller appearing nose
- Highlight the apples of your cheeks with a peachy or bronze blush. Blend well to ensure a soft look and take attention off the nose.
- A slash of colour on your mouth is a great trick to camouflage the nose. The season’s colours are wine, berry and hot red so don’t be afraid to experiment. Use lipliner and a touch of gloss to finish the sultry look.
Trick or treat
- Depending on the shape and size of your nose, here are a few make-up tricks you can use to bring it down to size.
- For a wide nose: Apply foundation a shade darker than your regular makeup on both sides of your nose and blend toward your cheeks. Apply little light powder to the bridge of your nose to highlight the thinnest part.
- For a long nose: If your nose is long and thin, apply a darker shade of foundation or powder on the tip and underneath the tip (between your nostrils) to make it appear shorter.
- Make sure the foundation and concealer you use is matte so that your nose appears less shiny, thereby drawing less attention. This will also make your eyes, cheeks stand out.
- Another thing you can do is to take blush, and rub it gently up and down the nose. Don’t touch the sides at all, this will make your nose appear thinner and more narrow. Go easy on the makeup though. If it’s too much or too dark, your nose will just look dirty and stand out even more for the wrong reasons.
- Your hairstyle also contributes majorly to what your features look like. Part your hair to the side and style it attractively. By not slicking your hair back and parting it on the side you are not drawing attention to your nose, but rather to your hairstyle. Wear an updo or high hairstyle rather than face-framing layers.
While all of this is fun, frankly, there’s not much we can do with a big nose but to make it work. Your nose may actually be a defining feature rather than the monstrosity you think it to be. Think of Cleopatra or Barbra Streisand, for whom a long, strong nose has worked so completely in their favor!
FAB BAG PICKS
SeaSoul HD Finish BB Cream with SPF 20 : HD Finish BB Cream is a makeup that cares for your skin. It is a multi-functional product that is healthy & calms irritated skin while providing a natural, flawless & a “No Makeup” finish. This one step Dead Sea Minerals based HD formulation covers blemishes, minimizes pores, visibly corrects uneven skin tone, smoothens, lightens & brightens skin. CLICK HERE to view product
Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Extreme : If an enviable pout is what you are looking for, Sally Hansen’s lip plumper just might be the answer. Its intense formula supersizes the lips for hours. Its micro-spheres with exclusive hydro-collagen complex helps boost fullness and shine. Its formula, though spicy, enhances lips’s natural colour, giving healthier and pinker lips. CLICK HERE to view product