Published on December 13th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Be it that you overslept or the d-day where everything seems to be following Murphy’s Law – here are some quick tips for your beauty to shine through and through.
All of us have had, and will have, bad mirror days. Coupled with a lack of time, this can mean a beauty disaster. Dressing up in dark shades of make-up will only exacerbate the problem. Instead, take a deep breath, wash your face with cold water and then follow these nifty little tips that will get you looking good, in NO time!
- No More Shine: An oily-skin day can ruin the best of make-up. To combat carry a face mist or pour in your trusty toner in a spray bottle. To refresh make-up, lightly mist your face and then pat with a tissue. At a pinch, even ice cold water sprayed on your face will do the trick – the idea is to spray and not splash.
- Condition to Moisturise: Dry skin days are equally bad and if in a hurry, use conditioner to moisturise more than just your hair – slather it on your body, rinse and dry off. The conditioner will hydrate as well as body lotion – without waiting for it to sink in.
- Warm Pinks: Concealer is only half the battle won when it comes to fixing flaws. To create an illusion of near-perfect skin; try wearing lipstick in a warm pink. Pink tones work wonders for skin so skip the red if your skin is looking a little, peaked.
- Accent Eyes: Eyeliner is the fastest and the most basic way to look fresh and add drama to our looks. Be it your trusty liquid brush, an eye pencil or just a thin brush wet and dipped into dry eye-shadow – accent colours can really make you look glamorous in no time!
- Ready To Go: Sleep revives skin like none other but if full night’s rest is not a luxury you can afford then here’s how to “appear” rested: pat concealer onto the inner corners of your eyes, under your lower lashes and next to your nose. Finish by swirling bronzer over your cheeks.
- Nail Break: Remove all traces of polish and then cut them down to even size (yes, we do feel your pain!). Take a wedge of lemon and rub them well. Paint them in a natural pink or just a top coat for some sheen.
- Mane Magic: When you’re strapped for time, do the “T-zone blow-dry”… Run the drier down your parting and around your hairline only. When the front and top of your hair looks “finished”, so will you.
- No More Grease: If scalp grease (or too many products) has left your hair looking limp, spray perfume on your brush, then brush through.
- Frizz Off: Dampen your hands with water and a drop of moisturizer, gently fix your hair back into a French twist or bun. Wait 10 minutes; take your hair down for frizz-free tresses with a slight curl.
- Ponytail Up: It’s the ultimate easy style. Pull your hair back haphazardly with your fingers into a ponytail and secure with a band. Spritz with hairspray and twist a stray tendril around your hair elastic to hide it, and pin it in place. Effortless panache!
FAB BAG PICKS
BioBloom Face Mist – Jasmine : Jasmine based face mist offers hydration & an aroma theraptic sensation, along with a punch of antioxident.It also keeps your skin moisturised, balances our your oil production & keeps your skin refreshing. CLICK HERE to view product
Sebastian Volupt Conditioner : Boost your volume without weighing down your hair with the Sebastian Professional Volupt Conditioner. Unlike other volume enhancing hair care ranges, Volupt leaves hair feeling up to 45% softer without compromising on body. The rich conditioner smoothes down frizz and flyaways, whilst providing maximum volume for a sleek yet naturally thicker, bigger look. CLICK HERE to view product
CAL Cosmetics Love Affair Matt Lipstick-01 : The long wearing stay-true formulae glides on easily with a light weight creamy texture for rich colour impact that lasts, plus it won’t feather or bleed. CLICK HERE to view product