Published on December 13th, 2016 | by Soma Priya
How To: Hand Care
The skin on the back of our palm is thinner as compared to the other parts. With advancing age, cell rebuilding process slows down depleting collagen (which provides elasticity to the skin), resulting in fine lines and dryness. Since hands come in constant contact with chemicals (soaps and detergents), pollution (dirt and smoke) and environment (sun and wind); their care is of utmost importance.
- Scrub off: Exfoliation helps to remove the dead cells and increases blood circulation giving way to soft and younger looking skin. An effective weekly scrub can be made by mixing 2 tablespoons olive oil in 1 spoon of granular sugar. Gently scrub on this mixture till sugar dissolves and wash off with warm water. Apply a thick moisturizer.
- A little TLC: Your hands need their weekly massage too. Massaging improves blood circulation and also restores the softness of the skin. A homemade massage lotion can be prepared by mixing 2 tablespoons glycerin with half tablespoon each of lemon juice and rose water. With circular motion massage both the hands and nail cuticles for 15 minutes. Wipe with warm cloth and apply moisturizer.
- A lemon in hand: If your hands show dark patches, it is likely that they have pigmented cells caused by excessive exposure to sun. Try rubbing lemon wedge and you would be surprised to notice even tone within few days.
- Moisturize: Moisturize your hands at least twice everyday with a cream that contains alpha hydroxyl acids or AHAs, lactic acids and hydrating urea.
- Beauty masks: Beauty masks are excellent way to keep the skin tight and firm. A whacky but highly recommended hand mask can be prepared by mixing warm milk with boiled and mashed potato and applying over hands till the paste cools off. Wash and apply your favorite moisturizer.
- Always SPF: Just like your face, your hands need sunscreen of SPF more than 20 – reapply every time you wash.
- The ‘M’ of moisture: After the SPF fix, apply moisturizer. Keep a jar of moisturizer handy in your purse or near your wash basin. also, that anti-ageing cream that you use on your face, spare a little for your hands too – they will thank you later, by looking young.
- No drying soaps: Go for mild moisturizing soaps or creamy hand washes to retain moisture. Also, make sure the hand sanitizers are kept to a minimum – the alcohol content dries out the skin!
- Drink ample water: Water will keep your skin hydrated from inside out. Ensure calcium and vitamins in your diet – vitamin A, C and E are a must to maintain healthy skin and nails.
FAB BAG PICKS
Spa Ceylon White Jasmine Hand & Body Milk : A light moisturizer with 100% pure precious jasmine oil to gently lighten, brighten & illuminate skin. Jasmine, Rice Bran & natural Vitamins help improve overall skin tone, while Avocado, Wheat germ & white Minerals help protect skin from the sun. CLICK HERE to view product
Iba Halal Care Fairness Hand and Body Lotion : Iba Fairness Hand and Body Lotion with Revolutionary Nature White Complex and Triple Sunscreens is specially formulated to moisturize and protect against harmful UVA and UVB rays. Results in fairer, smoother and younger looking skin. CLICK HERE to view product
Natural Bath & Body Foot & Hand Cream : For the daily rigours that our hands and feet goes through it deserves the advanced treatment that this stimulating cream provides. Our fusion of organic lemon and organic chamomile oils is high in anti-bacterial properties that rebuild cracked heels and prevent scaling. CLICK HERE to view product