Published on December 13th, 2016 | by Rima J Pundir
Tips: Body Care
Putting a great face forward that glows with health and inner beauty is great, but the effect can be ruined with dry limbs, cracked feet and rough hands. Here’s a little know how in keeping your skin happy, throughout…
Moisturisers combine oil (unless oil-free) and water to replace the hydration lost from the skin and prevent further loss as the oil forms a protective coat. Body lotions can have hydration, whitening or anti-ageing properties. Moisturiser or body butter, which is better? Depends on your hydration needs! If you have dry skin, opt for body butter or crème; else use the lotion.
Hands are exposed to the elements and are constantly being used; they begin to show wear and tear, and age sooner than any other part of the body. Why should you use a hand cream? They are richer and more intensive than face creams (and body butters) and so provide greater moisture and hydration. Plus they are handy to carry around as opposed to a body butter jar! Do try a hand massage at home:
- Apply a hand or body cream and lightly spread over hand and wrist.
- Using your thumb, gently knead the back of your hand using small circles, from wrist down to the knuckle and between knuckles.
- Beginning with the little finger, squeeze from top to bottom. Repeat for all fingers.
- Circle over wrist. Turn hand over and knead palm of hand in the same manner as above.
You need to apply moisturiser to your feet as the sole of the foot is 15 times thicker than the skin of the face and three times thicker than the skin of the palm. A good body butter will moisturise your peds well but do invest in a foot cream if you have dry or callused soles and heels. Some care:
- Follow good personal hygiene daily – wash your feet using an antibacterial soap and always dry your feet and toe webs thoroughly.
- Wear cotton socks and shoes that fit.
- Soak feet for 20-30 minutes in the evenings in warm water using special bath crystals.
- After drying, massage your feet with cream.
- Trim toenails straight across to prevent ingrown nails and do treat your feet to an occasional pedicure at a salon.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs Honey Dew Protective Almond Body Lotion : Honey along with nourishing almond oil restores the skins lost moisture and locks it while the soothing aloe vera protects from UV rays and atmospheric pollution. Your beauty regimen is incomplete without this wonder! CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co. Lavender Body Lotion : Calming moisturizer; Soothing skin tonic; Refreshing effect on the skin. Indulge in a soft, smooth sensuous encounter with the Lavender Body Lotion. Dry, sensitive and mature skin will greatly benefit from Lavender’s antimicrobial, anti inflammatory & skin regenerative properties. CLICK HERE to view product
Naked Grapefruit Lavender Body Lotion : Vitamin D and vitamin E rich almond oil is whipped up with loads of aloe vera, making your lotion light, yet deeply moisturizing. Massage stress and body aches away with fresh lavender and zingy grapefruit. Because there are no preservatives, Grapefruit and Lavender body lotion lasts longer when stored in the fridge. CLICK HERE to view product