Published on December 14th, 2016 | by Jehan Raffiuddin
Beauty is not just about make-up, but pairing the right make-up with the right dress. Here are seven of our favourite celebrity LBD looks along with jaw-dropping make-up!
It’s not easy being under the spotlight – from make-up gaffes to wardrobe malfunctions – they live a much scrutinized life. If they look good it has to be the cosmetic surgery and if they look bad, it has to be the lifestyle! So here’s giving 10 gals a break, and applause for their really well put together looks.
- Anne Hathaway gets it so right in her ultra simple and stylish turtleneck black sheath – she pairs it with black heels and a black clutch with just simple studs. Her make-up is powerful – a clean complexion with darkened brows, rosy cheeks and a dark red lipstick. Boldly feminine all through.
- Loved this black number of Charlize Theron – it’s a girlie LBD and she carried it off to perfection. She shows of a great tan, has her hair side-swept into a bun – studs in her ears and some bangles in her watch hand look pretty. The makeup is a tad beachy – coral pink lips with plenty bronzer. Oh, and love those heels.
- Elizabeth Olsen is not a fashion favourite of mine – but I do like the picture she paints with this red and black cape dress. The side swept curls add some dimension – the makeup is classic Hollywood – lined eyes and soft red lips. I love the fact that she kept the red to accents and wore black heels. Stylish and not OTT at all.
- Emma Roberts is perhaps what every girl wants to look like at her prom night or first date out – incredibly feminine and pretty – the black frock dress is just right for her. The beachy waves with muted black clutch, heels and makeup that’s barely there – perfect!
- Gemma Arterton looks oh-so-pretty in this black not-so-little tube dress. The smokey eyes with a nude coral lipstick match her blush and radiant complexion – the oxblood nail paint and the neon green clutch is oh-so-stylish.
- And then there’s Lily Collins – she probably breathes stylishly too! Her dark brows highlight her soft feminine looks and she dresses up in the same sartorial style – her dress is a mix of the bold and the feminine. Paired with peep-toe shoes and a black clutch, she’s looks pixie-like.
- Finally we come to Victoria Beckham aka Posh, the fairer half of the Posh-and-Becks. Trust her to do something off the rack with an LBD. Though her reed-thin figure and sculpted face is not what I dub as wholesome beauty, she still is extremely stylish. Her shiny LBD coupled with barely-there accessories look super.
FAB BAG PICKS
SUGAR Stroke Of Genius Heavy-Duty Kohl : Eye makeup can be tricky but a stroke of genius can put you at ease. Add to that intense black colour and soft creamy texture and you know you’ve been hooked for life. We’re on about SUGAR Stroke of Genius Heavy Duty Kohl – a waterproof Kohl pencil that can add pretty to your eyes in a single swipe. Its wax-based formula spreads evenly and lasts for up to 8 hours. Not just that, it comes with a free sharpener to ensure your eye makeup is always on point. CLICK HERE to view product
Iba Halal Care PureEyes Natural Kajal Black : Iba Pure Eyes Natural Kajal is made in the traditional way – Natural Carbon is collected in a plate by burning Castor Oil lamp and blended with eye soothing ingredients such as Kalonji (Black Seed) Oil, Almond Oil, Vitamin E and Aloe Vera. A natural, smudge-free, luscious formula that glides on perfectly, without dragging across the most fragile skin around the eye area. Delivers bold, clear, true black color that blends easily and beautifies. Safe for use on the upper and lower lash line. CLICK HERE to view product
Fran Wilson Moodmatcher Luxe Twist Stick : Define the perfect pout with hi-definition Twist Stick that instantly reacts with your lips to create a one-of-its-kind shade that perfectly suits your mood. Clinically proven with 12-hour staying power, they never smudge, feather or bleed. Get ready for gorgeous matte coverage that will take you from work to play, with the confidence that your lip colour will last all day. CLICK HERE to view product
Here’s wishing you the best for your quest for that LBD – the sales are just about over!