Published on December 14th, 2016 | by Soma Priya
Kitchen Secrets: Papaya
The mushy texture of ripe papaya pulp might not appeal to your tongue, but beauty experts around the globe consider papaya the food of gods.
This tropical fruit oozes benefits both in its consumption and in its application; and so it works from the inside to the outside and from the outside to the inside. Available in various shades of sunset, papaya is rich in alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, magnesium and potassium to name a few. It has property to exfoliate the dead cells and it also carries anti-ageing benefits. This fruit is also known to enhance the skin’s tone and texture.
Smear some papaya
- Slough away dead cells: Mash a slice of ripe papaya and apply over clean face. Let it stay for 15 minutes and wash with warm water. After this apply your daily moisturiser. Your face will feel soft as the enzymes present in the papaya gently exfoliate your dead cells.
- Treat mature skin with TLC: Mix half a cup of mashed ripe papaya with 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 egg white. For a sensitive skin, you can add a spoon of fresh curd to this paste. Apply this paste all over the face and let it rest till it dries. Wash with warm water to find a softer and fresher skin. A few drops of lemon to this mask will assist in skin whitening.
- Lighten dark spots: In order to cure dark spots and blemishes, mix a slice of ripe papaya with 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of un-boiled milk. Let this paste stay over skin till it dries and then wash it off. This pack will also aid in reducing wrinkles and can be applied once or twice a week.
- An exfoliating mask: Mix half a bowl of mashed papaya with four spoons of multani mitti (if you can’t find multani mitti, then just add 2-3 tablespoons of any of your store-bought masks that have it) and a spoon of aloe vera gel. Apply all over the body and after 15 minutes with circular massaging movements, wash with plain water. It will exfoliate dead cells leaving the skin fresh and tight.
- Brighten skin: Blend a bowl of unripe papaya with a teaspoon each of yoghurt, honey and few drops of vitamin E oil. Apply over face and after 15 minutes rinse it off with water. A regular application will lighten the skin tone.
- No more pores: Enlarged pores on the facial skin can be treated with papaya vinegar. Papaya vinegar can be prepared by cutting small cubes of an unripe papaya and filling it two third in a glass jar. Fill the jar with apple cider vinegar till the cubes of papaya are covered. Let the concoction mature for four to five weeks. Now strain out the vinegar and thus papaya vinegar is ready for application. Just pour some on a cotton balls and wipe face with it at night and in the morning.
- Make a skin toner: Mix 2 tablespoons of papaya vinegar with 4 tablespoons of lavender water and half a cup of rose water. This mixture can be applied as often as required.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs Livelyclean Honey Exfoliating Face Cleansing Gel : This every day-use foaming face cleansing gel is enriched with Neem, Holy Basil and Turmeric known for antiseptic properties. It provides gentle exfoliation with Arjuna, Symplocos bark and jojoba meal, banishes impurities from the clogged pores. It dissolves and eliminates dead epithelial cells exposing the tingling fresh clean skin beneath with the help of Orange peel. CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co Coffee Face Scrub : Exfoliates skin; Removes the upper, dead layer of skin; Anti-microbial & antioxidant; Gives a healthy and instant glow. Pamper the coffee lover in you with our invigorating Coffee Face Scrub. It is full of anti-microbial and antioxidant properties that sloughs dead skin, boosts circulation and imparts an instant radiant glow. CLICK HERE to view product
Iba Halal Care Face Glow Brightening Cream : Iba Face Glow Brightening Cream is infused with Fruits of Heaven to give your face a natural healthy glow. Boosted with UV filters to protect skin from darkening and sun damage. CLICK HERE to view product