Published on January 3rd, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
- Colour: A colour that matches your cheeks when they’re flushed is the right one for you. For a quick test, “spank” your cheeks (best done in private) and use the resulting colour as a guide (you can swatch a few shades on your arm to match it). Another less painful trick is to match the blush to your lip colour.
- Consistency: Powder blushes are best for oily and combination skins while crème-based blushes work for dry skin. Liquids an gels go with almost all skins.
- Order: Usual order of application: foundation, eye make-up, blush and then lip colour. Sneak tip: Apply blush before foundation for a more “natural” look.
- Brush: All “doll-size” blush brushes that come in the pack need to be shown the boot. Use a professional full brush but don’t use the same brush you use for your powder.
- Chiselled cheekbones: Shade the underside of the cheekbone with a bronzer or dark blush, then add the blush to the apples of the cheek and on the cheekbone. Finally, illuminate the area above the cheekbone with a light blush, highlighter or simply translucent powder.
- OTT: If you’ve gone a bit heavy on the powder blush, dust a bit of translucent powder over it. For cream blush, blot the colour off with a tissue. However gel and liquid blush stain the cheeks, the only way to lighten them is to wipe off the make-up and restart all over again albeit sparingly.
FAB BAG PICKS
Bellapierre Mineral Blush: Discover fabulous, good-for-you cheek color. These creamy, super sheer all mineral blushes give you a beautiful, healthy tone that looks natural. Bellapierre Mineral Blush creates a soft, radiant glow for perfect fresh-faced rosy cheeks. CLICK HERE to view product
Purely Pro Blush: Our soft blush powder comes in a special light texture which glides on smoothly and evenly. The sheer formula is lightweight and highly pigmented providing the perfect product to enhance the cheek bones and create contours. CLICK HERE to view product