Published on January 3rd, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Skincare: Don’t do this
- To bed, with make-up: Gasp, ack, omigod; you sinner you! Get the message, right? Falling into bed with “dirty” skin – be it dirt or make-up particles is one of the biggest skin sins you can do. Why? Well, dirty skin cannot breathe, heal or repair itself at night – make this a habit and your skin will age much faster than you do… To make cleansing easier, find a product that can be gently massaged into the skin and wiped off.
- SPF, no thanks: Sin number one, two and three! Again, this is a BIG skin no-no – the sun ages our skin the fastest. All that lovely tan and bronzed skin means you will probably look like leather a decade later. So do buy that big bottle of SPF and then buy that SPF-tinted moisturizer and BB cream. Layer sun protection to maximise protection.
- Scrub-a-dub-too-much: Squeaky clean is not healthy skin and neither is a reddened or burning skin after your exfoliation – you are then probably using too harsh products or just using them too often. That home-use microdermbrasion is to be used according to pack directions – use it once too often and you are stripping skin off before it has started to repair itself – this will only add to your woes – not the smooth complexion you so lust after.
- Fidgety Queen: Popping pimples, squeezing blackheads, pressing whiteheads – seem similar? Well then we’re sure that blemishes are too one of your top skin woes. Inflammations, acne and other pore problems need expert care – get regular cleans-ups at your salon and ask them to recommend a few good supportive products for you. Picking your skin can cause inflammation that can also lead to scarring.
- Multi-tasking, a tad much: Face products are meant for the face and body products are meant for the body – a sometime substitute is okay but not all the time. Skin tissue on our body is thicker than the skin on the face, be sure to use face-specific products to treat the delicate skin.
FAB BAG PICKS
Iba Halal Care Aloe Aqua Face Wash + Makeup Remover: Iba 2 in 1 Aloe Aqua Face Wash + Makeup Remover – A unique sulfate-free gel formula that completely cleans skin and removes makeup while maintaining skin’s natural moisture balance. CLICK HERE to view product
Kaya Sweat Proof Sunscreen Spf 30+: UV-A/UV-B Protection. Sweat Proof Sunscreen SPF 30 + is water and sweat resistant Sunscreen delivering upto 8 hour broad spectrum protection against harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. A light, white colored cream that leaves the skin with a smooth silky after-feel, and keeps it protected for long. CLICK HERE to view product
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream: An easily absorbed daily moisturising cream that has the lightness of a lotion with the moisturising benefits of a cream. It helps protect the skin, leaving it feeling soft, smooth and healthy-looking. CLICK HERE to view product