Published on January 6th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Love your skin? Follow these tips…
Moisturising your skin is not just about buying the latest lotion off the rack, or lusting for that expensive pump bottle just out of your salary reach. Chances are if you are doing it right, most moisturizers will help.
Tips & Tricks:
- Long, hot showers strip skin of its moisture and wash away its protective oils. Limiting your showers to no more than ten minutes and keep the watr as close to cool as possible. Lock in the skin’s natural hydration by applying a cream or lotion within three minutes of exiting the bathtub or shower – if your skin feels dry, you’ve waited too long.
- Try these active ingredients: Humectants: These include glycerin, sorbitol, urea, or proylene glycol. They attract water by pulling it up from deeper skin layers. They’re good choices for people with oily skin as these lotions do not have any extra oil in them. Occlusives: Petroleum jelly, lanolin, and beeswax are good examples. They prevent water from evaporating and are good for people with dry skins. Barrier-repair compounds: These include ceramide, monolaurin, and linoleic acid. These ingredients often used in combination with others like cholesterol, help repair the skin’s barrier to prevent moisture loss and damage. Most anti-ageing, skin repairing or brightening lotions have these.
- Pricey, no need! Both pricey and cheaper products work about the same when it comes to simple body lotions – try reading the label before you shell out those extra bucks.
- Different needs, separate lotions: Your eyes needs eye cream; your lips need balm, your face needs a cream and your body a lotion. You have to keep multiple moisturizers for they all act differently – while you can pull of a body lotion as ahand and foot cream – let sensitive areas have their specialized hydration.
- Seasonal chanhes: You do not wear shorts in winters, do you? And nor do you wear sweaters for summers! So switch to lighter lotions and gels in hot, sultry months and go for the balms or butters in winters.
FAB BAG PICKS for some Skin lovin’!
Just Herbs Honey Dew Protective Almond Body Lotion: Honey along with nourishing almond oil restores the skins lost moisture and locks it while the soothing aloe vera protects from UV rays and atmospheric pollution. Your beauty regimen is incomplete without this wonder! CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co. Lemon Peel Body Lotion: Refreshing, excellent astringent, makes your skin lighter and fresh.Our refreshing Lemon peel body lotion is an excellent astringent, which firm skins elasticity and normalize oil production by reducing breakout, making your skin lighter and fresh. CLICK HERE to view product
Kaya Daily Body Lotion: “With Shea and Mango Butter Presence of an advanced moisture – lock formula in Kaya’s Daily Use Body Lotion prevents moisture loss from skin for 24 hours without re-application. Natural butters such as Shea and Mango help replenish that your skin needs. Its light, non-sticky and fast absorbing formula compliments every day use. With regular use, your skin feels hydrated and soft all day long.” CLICK HERE to view product