Published on January 11th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Perfect Pout Tips
We all want a sexy pout but there’s a line between attention-drawing lips and disastrous chops. Here are some commandments
Lipsticks Dos (and DON’TS)
- Match lip liner to lipstick or lips: Lipliners are there to keep the lipstick from feathering or bleeding out – they are not meant to make your lips look poutier than what they are. A lip liner darker than the shade of your lips (be it nude lips or ones wearing lipstick) resembles a child’s sketch-pen drawing. Kindly desist.
- Lip liner is to “line” the lips, not the beyond: Please, please, please do not try to “enlarge” your pout by going even that wee bit beyond your natural lip line. It looks 80s Bollywood and oh-so-gross!
- Cracked lips, OMG! If you do have cracked or dried lips, please refrain from using a dark lipstick. Actually, try not using a lipstick at all – stick to a healing balm or chapstick. The pigment will centre on all cracked and dry areas of your lips, highlighting the poor state they are in. Apply a thick layer of Boroline at night (we kid you not, it works wonders). In the morning, wipe off excess with tissue and then re-apply some Vaseline – exfoliate with a soft toothbrush for a really soft pout.
- Spotlight make-up, oh no! Okay, you love the red lips of your idol or the current trend of ox-blood. Great, be fashionably beautiful but do not go OTT with make-up. Wearing dark lips means you need to tone down the rest of your make-up. Flawless skin (reach for the BB cream or foundation), mascara, some light blush and your dark lipstick are all you need to look stunning.
- No caking please: Sometimes, it’s difficult to prevent lipstick from rubbing off on your glass or teeth, but it’s really important that you keep your lipstick where it belongs: on your lips. Even lipsticks that appear “wet” actually dry, so just be sure to allow your colour to dry before you layer on gloss or balm. If you have a gel type of lip color that rubs off easily, be conscious of that and be sure to dab it with a napkin before you go out for a drink lest it ends up on your glass or worse, on your teeth! For really viscous colours that don’t dry off fast – pat them with your compact to seal in the colour and then sure, raise that toast fearlessly…
FAB BAG PICKS
SUGAR It’s A-Pout Time! Vivid Lipstick: If you’ve been crushing over classic matte lips – the hottest lip trend on the runway – you’ll totally adore SUGAR It’s A-Pout Time! Vivid Lipstick. Creamy and moisturising, this lipstick combines the look of a classic matte lip with the benefit of incredible comfort. Enriched with micronized pigments and silica micro-beads, this matte lipstick glides on easily and settles to a gorgeous matte finish. CLICK HERE to view product
Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Extreme: If an enviable pout is what you are looking for, Sally Hansen’s lip plumper just might be the answer. Its intense formula supersizes the lips for hours. Its micro-spheres with exclusive hydro-collagen complex helps boost fullness and shine. Its formula, though spicy, enhances lips’s natural colour, giving healthier and pinker lips. CLICK HERE to view product
Bellapierre Mineral Lipstick: Bellapierre Mineral Lipsticks have been formulated with natural waxes and mineral pigments, iron oxides and antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Our smooth, silky, 100% natural and formula delivers long-lasting nourishing color. The mineral pigments also provide natural protection from the sun. Mineral Lipsticks do NOT contain lead, lanolin, parabens, or other harmful ingredients. CLICK HERE to view product
Shine on divas!