Published on January 11th, 2017 | by Ahana Basu
Spotty Nose: No More!
A complexion as fresh as a strawberry might be a compliment, but a ‘strawberry nose’ is certainly a bane!
The term refers to the blackheads (and whiteheads) that dot the nose, giving it the appearance of having sprouted strawberry pips. Blackheads are basically the result of blocked pores. Those with oily skin generally have large pores since their sebaceous glands are more active. Dirt, dust etc block our pores which means the oil can’t be released from the skin, thus it oxidises and darkens. Blackheads often begin as whiteheads and are basically non-inflamed pimples which is why it’s important to get rid of them, or better still prevent them.
- Blackheads don’t pop up overnight, but they do have a way of glaring out at you just when you need to look your best. So, if you’ve just taken a look in the mirror before a great party and screamed like those girls in the Clean n Clear ads, here are a few shortcuts to smoothen out the nose.
- Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with half a teaspoon of sugar and use as a scrub. Leave on for ten minutes, and then wash off with warm water. Lemon works as an astringent and whitener as well, so that’s triple benefit for your skin.
- Use a mild scrub on your face and then use the strip. Peel off after 10 minutes. However, these strips don’t work on deep-rooted blackheads. Never use them on broken or sensitive skin.
- Clay masks are a good way to polish up your skin. Masks unclog pores and clear the skin. You’ll be glowing in 15-20 minutes and your nose will be noticeably smoother.
- Getting rid of blackheads on the nose permanently is tough, if not impossible. However, if treated regularly, there are ways to polish them off.
- An interesting face pack I heard of recently is khuskhus soaked in milk overnight. If you’ve got a propensity for blackheads, keep this pack handy. Apply the khus khus to a cleansed face the next morning, rubbing in circular motions. Leave on for 5-10 minutes and wash off. Do this 2-3 times a week.
- Tomato and potato juice are said to work wonders on blackheads. You can even place slices of raw tomato on your nose, then use a scrub.
- Steaming your face once or twice a week is probably the best and most effective remedy for blackheads and well worth the time it takes. If you don’t have a steamer at home, you needn’t rush off to the parlour. Just use an ordinary bowl of boiling water. Place a towel over your head and let the steam on your face. This unclogs pores and softens blackheads. Then, use a mild scrub, rubbing a little harder on the nose and chin areas.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs Advanced Ayurvedic Pimple Treatment: A synergistic blend of biologically active Indian herbs to regulate the excess flow of sebum, control the growth of bacterial population and the associated inflammations (redness). Neem, has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties while sandalwood, turmeric and orange peel soothe the inflamed skin and help the skin to naturally eliminate toxins. CLICK HERE to view product
Votre White Essence Brightening Cleansor: Get more clarified, smoother and visibly brighter skin. A gentle Cleansor for all your skin brightening concerns, this brightening Cleansor with goodness of Aloe, Vitamin E, Licorice etc. will visibly brighten your skin with each use giving you a clear, brighter & soft skin. CLICK HERE to view product
Ayorma Fairness Daily Scrub: Indulge in a never-beforefeather touch of AYORMA’s Daily use scrubthat pampers your face, gently exfoliatesdead skin cells and impurities thus restoring new skin structure. It reduces white andblack heads leaving your skin smooth andsupple. The rich SPA oils formulation helpsthe skin stimulate and assimilate moistureand vitamin levels. CLICK HERE to view product