Published on January 24th, 2017 | by Sharmila Chand
Malai For A Glowing You
Moms and grannies pan India love giving advice over how malai aka milk cream is great for the skin. You know what, they’re right!
Malai is another off- the-shelf kitchen remedy which does not require any rocket science to prove its benefits. It moisturizes and hydrates, is an excellent and gentle exfoliating agent and also de-tans!
- A malai home facial: Take the milk cream and blend it well with a few drops of rose water and saffron water with a spoon till smooth. Apply this concoction to the face and leave on for about 15 minutes. Wipe gently using a wet cotton ball. Steam your face after this – use a facial steamer or sauna or simple keep a hot towel on your face for a bit. This will further clean out your pores. To end, splash you face with cold water 2-3 times and feel ready to face the day!
- Nourish Dry and Oily skins: For dry skin, Make a paste of one teaspoon of malai, a pinch of turmeric and four to five drops of olive oil. Apply on your face, leave to dry. Wash with cold water and pat dry. For oily skin, you can add a few drops of lemon juice to the above paste and try. If it suits your skin, repeat it once a week.
- Malai and bread crumbs? Mix pulverized bread crumbs and malai and keep it for 2 minutes, so that bread crumbs soften. Apply this face mask for 15 minutes and get a fair and glowing skin. The yeast in bread further softens skin and adds to the goodness of malai.
- Malai & Saffron: Mix Saffron in milk cream and leave it overnight. In the morning blend the milk cream with fingers and apply on the face. This home remedy lightens the skin tone and give a very healthy glow to the skin naturally. A few drops of lemon juice may also be added.
- Malai & Walnut powder: Mix 2tbsp walnut powder with 1tbsp each of milk cream, honey and lemon juice. Scrub your face with the face mask and leave it for 20 minutes. Scrub off and wash with lukewarm water. This face mask will scrub your face and remove all the dirt and dead cells from the skin and make it glowing.
- Malai & Besan: Mix besan and malai to get a thick paste. Use this frequently for tan-free healthy glowing skin.
FAB BAG PICKS
Natural Bath & Body After Bath Milk-Sericin & AHA: Hydration and purity in a bottle – that’s our lush after bath milk for you. Crafted from a complex medley of vegetable oils and raw, untainted milk, it is infused with softening silk protein Sericin and skin-brightening AHAs. The crowning glory of your bath. CLICK HERE to view product
Spa Ceylon White Jasmine Hand & Body Milk: A light moisturizer with 100% pure precious jasmine oil to gently lighten, brighten & illuminate skin. Jasmine, Rice Bran & natural Vitamins help improve overall skin tone, while Avocado, Wheat germ & white Minerals help protect skin from the sun. Licorice, Green tea, Watercress & Bearberry help inhabit formation of skin darkening cells. CLICK HERE to view product
BioBloom Natural Cleansing Milk: Our Cleansing Milk delicately cleanses & hydrates the skin. It preserves your natural moisture and acts as an emollient and has restorative qualities.qualities. FREE from all harmful chemicals like PARABENS, SULPHATES, PETROCHEMICALS etc. CLICK HERE to view product