Published on January 30th, 2017 | by Apara Bhattacharya
Think carrots, and Bugs Bunny springs to mind! And yet this veggie is a beauty storehouse just waiting to be tapped…
Carrots are packed with natural antioxidants like beta-carotene, anthocyanin and lutien that enable your skin fight against free radicals, thus giving thumbs down to the natural ageing process. Thiamine, niacin, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin K, vitamin B12, vitamin C – you name a vitamin and carrot has it all! Plus, a carrot a day will supply your system with doses of minerals like potassium, manganese, sodium, fluoride, zinc, and a lot more minerals. Carrots drain out toxins from the skin and make it appear refreshed and young. What’s more, the natural vitamins along with carotene, gives nourishment to the skin too…
DIY with carrots:
- Juice it up: Carrot juice happens to be the best toner for ageing skin. It replenishes the damages, hydrates it and brings back the suppleness that gets lost with age. All you have to do is to squeeze out fresh carrot juice, store in a bottle and refrigerate it. Dab the juice onto your facial skin at least twice a day, and get back your youthfulness!
- Suppleness reinstalled: Lock the natural moisture in your skin and hydrate it naturally with carrots. Grate two fresh carrots and mix a teaspoon of raw milk with it. Along with this, add a teaspoonful of pure honey and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Smear all over your clean face and wait for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with water and look into the mirror to find your face smiling back at you!
- Reverse skin damage: Extract juice out of two fresh carrots and mix it with rose water in a ratio of 1:2. Refrigerate this calming emulsion in a spray bottle. Spray it all over your face and exposed skin as you as you return home. It will reverse back the damages caused by pollution and soothe sun burnt skin, thereby serving as a great product to keep skin problems at bay.
- TLC for dry hair: Simply boil carrots and zap them in a mixer. Then beat an egg and some yogurt and add the blended carrot to it. Apply this on your hair and keep it on for about an hour. Wash it off with warm water and shampoo plus condition as you do.
- Unmask that beauty: Boil carrots and zap them in the blender to get a consistent puree. Add a bit of honey, 8-10 drops lemon juice and 2-3 drops olive oil. Apply evenly all over face and neck and keep on for 15 minutes. Wash off to reveal brighter, firmer and more glowing skin.
FAB BAG PICKS for glowing skin
Karite Buerre Pure: • East African Shea butter (Vitellaria nilotica) is produced in Northern Uganda. • Our East African Shea butter (Vitellaria nilotica) is 100% natural and certified “WILD”. • It is produced in a manner that uses newly developed technology to carefully process the butter without the use of chemicals and not losing any of its healing properties. CLICK HERE to view product
Votre Advance Gel Exfoliance: Advanced Gel Exfoliance is a unique formula that brightens up lack luster skin. This advance scrub is fortified with effective granules that gently exfoliate dead skin cells and blackheads while natural antioxidants help stimulate cell renewal, giving you soft and younger looking skin. CLICK HERE to view product
Kaya Brightening Day Cream: “Skin Brightening range is Kaya’s special skin care regime for brighter glowing skin. Its unique combination of various potent actives has been designed to moisturize and rejuvenate the skin. Fairness range also helps improve skin texture giving you visibly lighter and brighter radiance. Brightening Day Cream with a unique potent whitening active Azelaic Acid works to give you notably lighter and brighter skin. Anti-Oxidant Vitamin C helps fight free radicals and improve skin texture. UV protection system (SPF 15) protects skin against harmful effects of UV rays. Regular use gives you visible results in just 7 days*.” CLICK HERE to view product