Published on February 2nd, 2017 | by Soma Priya
Try These: Wacky Beauty Remedies
Beauty doesn’t always have to follow the well-trodden path. Read on to find 10 such wacky beauty tips that work!
- Blackheads, and black pepper? Sounds crazy! But believe me to get rid of those irritating and stubborn blackheads, mix a spoon of coarsely grounded black pepper with two spoons of yoghurt and apply the paste on the affected area. After 10 minutes, massage in circular motion and wash off with plenty cold water.
- You say tomato, I say tomato: Tomatoes not only look good in a salad bowl but they are also good for the health of the skin. Tomatoes contain an antioxidant called lycopene which provides protection from the ultraviolet rays that causes ageing in skin. Include raw tomatoes to your daily diet for building anti aging fighters inside your body. Pulp of a tomato when applied as a mask gives an instant mattified, fresh face.
- (Tooth)paste on pimples? Yeah, you heard that right! Flouride (white) toothpaste helps in immediately reducing the pimples. It works like an astringent, acting on the pimple by drawing away the impurities and leaving the blemish dry. Advised best to be applied at bedtime and washing it away the next morning.
- Make faces: Everyday for 5-10 minutes, stand before a mirror and make weird and whacky faces exercising every possible muscle. This will help in better blood circulation resulting in a slimmer and a radiant face.
- Chew, that gum: Post every meal, the acids in the mouth that break down the food, need to be neutralized else they result in cavities. Sugar-free chewing gums help do this. The chewing action releases saliva which balances the acidity of the food. So keep sugar free chewing gums handy during office hours when you don’t have time for proper brushing.
- Bum wipes, for the face: Baby wipes not only does good to those chubby dimpled bumps but to our face also. The soft fabric and the mild chemical added to it works nicely in cleaning the face. It easily removes grime and dirt leaving the face fresh.
- Beetroot, the Natural Blusher: Apply juice of beetroot on the cheek bones and let it dry. Wash with cool water to get naturally looking pink cheeks.
- Mayo facial: A homemade instant facial can be made by spreading mayonnaise not on bread but on your face and let it stay for 15 minutes. Wipe it off and wash with cool water to get an ultra-soft clean skin. It also helps in treating sun burns.
- Mayo for the body too! Apply mayonnaise liberally on the dead skin of the elbow and feet. Leave for 10 minutes and wipe off with damp cloth. Your skin will feel soft and moisturized.
- Hands, before face: Before you wash your face, do wash your hands with a mild soap as they might be containing dirt. When we wash face with unwashed hands, grime and dirt travel easily to our face resulting in further skin eruptions.
Try these out and you won’t be disappointed.
FAB BAG PICKS
The Nature’s Co. Red and Green Tea Sunscreen Lotion: Famous for it’s holistic and eco-wellness beauty products, as part of its summer haul, The Nature’s Co has introduced the Red and Green Tea Sunscreen Lotion. With an SPF 25 sun protection power and the moisturising properties of anti-oxidants, it’s suitable for all skin types. CLICK HERE to view product
Just Herbs Rejuvenating Beauty Facial Serum: This multi-tasking night serum is a blend of treasured Indian herbs like Gotukola & Ginseng that nourish & restore a natural glow & youthfulness to tired skin. CLICK HERE to view product
Natural Bath & Body Clay Face Masque: Like the special clay masks that were a favourite with the Egyptian goddess Cleopatra, our French Red Clay mask never fails to soften your skin, preserve its complexion and impart a natural glow. It is a gentle paste of French Red Clay, which is an absolute powerhouse of iron and other minerals! Best suited for normal to oily skin types, it cleanses, detoxifies and exfoliates the skin, leaving it highly refreshed and toned. CLICK HERE to view product