Published on February 10th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
How To: Fix Dry Peds
To put your best foot forward, poof away dryness with these simple and easy-to-follow tips…
Its winter again and time to celebrate. But are your feet happy as well? The good thing about winters is socks – the less your feet are exposed to cold winter winds, the less dry they are likely to be. But hiding dryness within socks is likely to kill any party nights for you – the best of footwear looks horrid if your feet are uncared for.
TLC at home
If retail therapy is your thing, do go ahead and buy all foot care creams, masks et al. But before you go all out, try these simple tips:
- Cleaning: Take care of your feet just the way you do with your face. Wash them with water every time you step in after running some outdoor errands. Possibilities of infections and cracked heels will get lessened.
- Drying: Never let water stay on your feet and dry out naturally. Your feet will feel dehydrated. What more, dampness in between fingers become playgrounds of infections. So, be alert to pat your feet dry with soft towel after every wash.
- Nail care: Trim your toe nails regularly. Swap metallic file with emery board and even out the irregular edges of your nails. Push back the cuticles with orange stick and gently buff away the ingrown nails. Clip away the hang nail and pulled out cuticles and apply antiseptic cuticle cream to hasten the healing process.
- Sun protection: If you live in sandals then do take care to smear sun block lotion so that the sun doesn’t further darken and dry out feet.
- Bed time care: Clean your feet, dry them and apply a good moisturizer or foot cream. Don a pair of cotton socks and wake up to soft feet the next morning.
Recipes that click:
- Foot soak: Steal ten minutes from your schedule and enjoy an invigorating foot dip. To a tub of soothing hot water, add a few drops of hydrogen peroxide with a teaspoon of mild shampoo. Dip your feet into the solution for ten minutes. Follow it up with mild brushing to remove the loose dirt off your nails. Buff the heels to soften it and remove the dry cells. Wash your feet with plain water, pat dry and apply a foot mask.
- Foot mask: In a large bowl mix in 2 cups of ground oats, 1 cup of all purpose flour, ½ cup of honey and ½ cup of olive oil. You may add essential oils such as lavender, tea tree, or peppermint into the foot mask if you want to add a pleasant aroma to it. Mix well till you get a slightly lumpy mixture – slather well on feet and legs. Keep on for 10-15 minutes and then scrub off to reveal fresh skin.
Finish off with foot cream or moisturiser and a bright coat of nail paint.
FAB BAG PICKS
SeaSoul Dead Sea Nourishing – Foot Treatment : This Nourishing Foot Treatment is a luxurious formulation with Dead Sea Minerals-Plant Stem Cellsprovides essential minerals to the skin and helps to heal cracked skin and leaves it silky-smooth and well moisturized. CLICK HERE to view product
Kaya Foot Care Cream : “With Glycolic Acid Kaya’s Foot Care Cream is specially formulated to gently heal rough and cracked feet. It is also recommended for foot softening, treating corns, calluses and thick skin around the elbows and knees. Visible results may be seen in 2 weeks.” CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co. Peppermint Foot Soak : Gives rest and refreshes tired feet; Soothing; Ease aches and pains. Rest and refresh tired feet with our Peppermint foot soak. Its essential oil will cool and soften, while it’s soothing mineral salts will help ease aches and pains. CLICK HERE to view product