Published on February 13th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Fab Tips: Body
Putting a great face forward that glows with health and inner beauty is great, but the effect can be ruined with dry limbs, cracked feet and rough hands. Here’s a little know how in keeping your skin happy, throughout…
Moisturisers combine oil (unless oil-free) and water to replace the hydration lost from the skin and prevent further loss as the oil forms a protective coat. Body lotions can have hydration, whitening or anti-ageing properties. Moisturiser or body butter, which is better? Depends on your hydration needs! If you have dry skin, opt for body butter or crème; else use the lotion.
Hands are exposed to the elements and are constantly being used; they begin to show wear and tear, and age sooner than any other part of the body. Why should you use a hand cream? They are richer and more intensive than face creams (and body butters) and so provide greater moisture and hydration. Plus they are handy to carry around as opposed to a body butter jar! Do try a hand massage at home:
- Apply a hand or body cream and lightly spread over hand and wrist.
- Using your thumb, gently knead the back of your hand using small circles, from wrist down to the knuckle and between knuckles.
- Beginning with the little finger, squeeze from top to bottom. Repeat for all fingers.
- Circle over wrist. Turn hand over and knead palm of hand in the same manner as above.
You need to apply moisturiser to your feet as the sole of the foot is 15 times thicker than the skin of the face and three times thicker than the skin of the palm. A good body butter will moisturise your peds well but do invest in a foot cream if you have dry or callused soles and heels. Some care:
- Follow good personal hygiene daily – wash your feet using an antibacterial soap and always dry your feet and toe webs thoroughly.
- Wear cotton socks and shoes that fit.
- Soak feet for 20-30 minutes in the evenings in warm water using special bath crystals.
- After drying, massage your feet with cream.
- Trim toenails straight across to prevent ingrown nails and do treat your feet to an occasional pedicure at a salon.
FAB BAG PICKS
SeaSoul Dead Sea Hydrating- Hand & Body Lotion : This Hand and Body Lotion is a light, Velvety and hydrating moisturizer. This luxurious Dead Sea Minerals-Moroccan Argan formulation leaves the skin silky-smooth &well moisturized. CLICK HERE to view product
Iba Halal Care Nourishing Foot Massage Cream : Pamper your feet! Iba Nourishing Foot Massage Cream made with luxurious ingredients is a perfect treat at the end of the day to relax and soothe your tired feet. Its non-greasy, quick absorbing formula restores moisture, prevents cracks and enhances smoothness. CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co. Guava Body Lotion : Contains Vitamins A,B & astringents that heal and repair skin. Indulge in a soft, smooth, revitalizing encounter with Guava lotion. It is abundant in Vitamins A and B as well as astringents that heal and repair skin. CLICK HERE to view product