Published on February 14th, 2017 | by Neharika Sabharwal
Fab Picks: Celebrity Pouts
Lipsticks, glosses, balms – here’s what stood out on celeb lips in the recent past.
While we are all up for natural beauty, there is something about colouring our pouts that we just can’t resist. And where better to catch some genius lipstick trends than the glitzy, glamorous red carpet. Read on as we mouth off some celebrity pouts that are worth talking about.
- Rihanna: Rihanna sure showed us the power of a strong lip when she stormed the beauty world with the ultra girly purple lipstick. The ‘it’ colour this season, the trend of deep purple lipsticks is catching up all over town. Whether you have a fair or dark complexion, plush plum shades will help you make a glamorous statement. Try a lip gloss for a sexy, dramatic look instead of a traditional matte lipstick, which can make you look like you have bruised lips. Play up your lashes and add a little brown or pink tint to your cheeks. Ideally avoid deep, smoky eyes as that could make you look like a vampire.
- Dita Von Teese: Striking red lipsticks, flawless skin and retro glamour were all over the fashion week catwalks and guess which celebrity was the inspiration behind it? Dita Von Teese. Whether shiny or matte, Von Teese is known for her expertly painted red lips. This is one splash of colour that will have you bowled over. Paint on a coat of deep cherry lipstick. For a bold mouth, bust out a lip brush; for a softer approach, pat the lipstick on with your finger.
- Emma Stone: The thought of hot pink lipstick conjures up not-so-fond memories of bad neon outfits and scrunchies from the 80’s, but after seeing Emma Stone rocking this electric colour, I think can get over trauma and give this look a try. The ‘Amazing Spider Man’ starlet’s lips look sexy and vivacious with the colour beautifully striking against her pale skin. To get this fresh-faced and pretty look, pair the bold lip colour with a single line of liquid liner and soft pink cheeks.
- Jennifer Lopez: Jennifer Lopez swapped her trademark glossy pink lips for a vampy burgundy lip shade and guess what? She rocked it. Well! She’s not the only one. Runways, magazines and leading beauty brands all seemed to be punched with this dark hot colour. While Jenny from the block wears this look boldly with metallic bronze eye shadow and heavily lined eye, chances are most women out there wouldn’t be so daring. No worries! Burgundy is one easy colour to achieve. To wear this lip colour confidently, keep the rest of your makeup minimal.Skip the heavy liner, the smokey shadow, and the full coverage foundation. By keeping the rest of your makeup natural, it will balance out the potential goth-ness that the deep lip may create.
- Zooey Deschanel: We love Zooey Deschanel for turning us into coral kissers. She seems to have cracked the perfect kind of lippy for this colour- a non-matte, non-gloss, subtle sheen that works both warm and cool looks. This is a color that can be dressed up and dressed down. For dressing up, give the cheeks a healthy glow (but don’t go too rouge), and you can play up a dramatic eye. For work, keep the eyes very clean, with a natural base, dark eyeliner and a few coats of mascara.
FAB BAG PICKS for kissable pouts
SUGAR Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick – 02 Brink Of Pink (Plum Rose) : If you’ve ever lusted for a “one-coat wonder” product for your lips, your search ends here. Get a full-blooded burst of pigment with just a single swipe of the SUGAR Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick that will stay the day and right up till the night! Wine, coffee & date-proof – this is a matte lipstick that is guaranteed to last longer that your longest day. Raring to have a carefully careless day with your BFFs where good times aren’t measured by the hour? Sport Brink of Pink with its dusty mauve hue to amp up the smile on your lips and the laughter in your heart! CLICK HERE to view product
Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Extreme : If an enviable pout is what you are looking for, Sally Hansen’s lip plumper just might be the answer. Its intense formula supersizes the lips for hours. Its micro-spheres with exclusive hydro-collagen complex helps boost fullness and shine. Its formula, though spicy, enhances lips’s natural colour, giving healthier and pinker lips. You can now have a dramatic pout without professional treatments. Results guaranteed! Dermatologically tested. CLICK HERE to view product
Bellapierre Mineral Lipstick : Bellapierre Mineral Lipsticks have been formulated with natural waxes and mineral pigments, iron oxides and antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Our smooth, silky, 100% natural and formula delivers long-lasting nourishing color. The mineral pigments also provide natural protection from the sun. Mineral Lipsticks do NOT contain lead, lanolin, parabens, or other harmful ingredients. CLICK HERE to view product