Published on February 21st, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
From Your Kitchen: Castor Oil
Extracted from castor beans, this oil is known for its health benefits since ancient times. However, it not only heals you from within but also serves as a one-stop-solution to skin and hair problems ranging from blemishes, stretch marks, pigmentation to hair fall or scalp-related troubles.
Castor oil is undoubtedly one of the best ‘tonics’ for the skin. It has properties that help in cleansing, moisturizing, detoxifying, and softening the skin. It also provides the skin its much-needed nourishment; and wards off abrasions and irritation with its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Some of the known beauty benefits of castor oil include:
- Youthful Skin: It lends you a youthful look by fighting the signs of aging such as dark spots. Apply castor oil on the age spots and gently massage in a circular motion. Before you know, the age spots will be gone like they were never there.
- Moisturizing and Cleansing: The properties of castor oil closely resemble that of natural oils present in our skin. Treating your skin with castor oil on a regular basis helps in exfoliating the skin pores and restoring natural moisture.
- Wrinkle-free: Massaging your skin with castor oil long enough to let it seep in can greatly reduce the presence of wrinkles and fine lines. Make it a bedtime skin care routine for a supple skin.
- Removing moles: Castor oil is an effective and hassle-free way to getting rid of unwanted moles on your body. Make a paste by mixing two tablespoons of baking soda in castor oil and apply it on the mole. Regular application will gradually make the mole wither away.
- Stretch marks: Stretch marks can make even the sexiest pair of legs look unflattering. You can use castor oil to do away with these hideous marks. For best results, mix in a little bit of almond oil and massage on the affected area.
- Hair Growth and Conditioning: Castor oil is known to promote hair growth and is often used to treat chronic hair-fall and onset of baldness. Apply it on the scalp and let it rest for 30 minutes before shampooing. The fatty acids present in castor oil work as great conditioning agents. To condition apply it on your hair for at least 30 minutes before washing off.
Where to Look for Castor Oil?
For its many benefits to the body and skin, castor oil is referred to as ‘wonder oil’. The icing on the cake is that it is readily available and inexpensive. You can pick castor oil off supermarket aisles, buy it at pharmacy stores, or just order it online. When buying castor oil for skin care, it is best to invest in cold pressed or virgin castor oil. If this aspect is not specified in the product detail, you are better off giving it a pass. It is best to invest in a quality product to provide your skin the nourishment it needs.
FAB BAG PICKS
Natural Bath & Body Vitamin E Hair and Body Massage Oil : Light weight yet deeply nourishing, our Vitamin E Oil is blended with immense care. This concoction of sweet almond, olive, sesame, coconut and rice bran oil, all rich in Vitamin E, penetrates deep into skin and scalp, repairing the damaged tissues from within. Infused with a sweet aroma this oil is quick absorbent and leaves no stains on clothes. CLICK HERE to view product
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Body Lotion : The original product with a worldwide, cult following, Palmer’s cocoa butter lotion is developed with pure cocoa butter which melts on contact with the skin, helping to penetrate with antioxidants, as well as act as an emollient to lock in moisture and protect skin from the harsh elements of the environment. CLICK HERE to view product
Votre Cellutone Oil : Cellulite is a term to describe the fat deposits under the skin that outwardly give the skin a dimpled or orange-peel like appearance, especially in area such s the hips, thighs, arms etc. The key remedy for fighting cellulite is detoxifying the body through bioactive ingredients(All skin types)Votre Cellutone oil is a formula which works wonders on body cellulite prone area to give a toned and firm appearance. CLICK HERE to view product