Published on February 24th, 2017 | by Jehan Raffiuddin
Tips For Your Lips
From lips don’t talk to lips that do, from lips of an angel to them devil lips – songs, poems and the cynosure of every gaze, are a woman’s lips. Dressed in reds, oranges, pinks, purples or browns – a gorgeous pout can silence many a thin lip – so here’s how to get those fantastic lips – like rose petals.
- Exfoliate: Lip are skin, delicate skin, but skin nonetheless. And skin needs to be exfoliated to get rid of the dead skin cells and reveal the brighter, smoother layer beneath. So how do you exfoliate lips? Obviously, not via harsh scrubs! Instead, slather your lips with Vaseline, Boroline or your favourite lip balm – and gently massage with a soft-bristled toothbrush for 2-3 minutes, Wipe off for a noticeably smoother pout.
- Moisture: Next to biting or worrying lips, the worst thing you can do is keep licking them. Saliva drying on the lips dries out lips further – causing them to develop unsightly cracks, fissures and dryness. Keep a lip balm handy – or just make do with Vaseline or Boroline if need be – and apply a layer every time you feel them stretch or just the urge to go licky-licky.
- Sun Protect? Are we kidding – nope! Skin needs to be sun protected. And the skin on the lips is much thinner so yes, they too need their dose of SPF. How? Use SPF-enriched lip balms or lipsticks that offer you a dose of the sun, albeit under cover!
- Foundation: We kid you not. A moisturising foundation, applied thinly onto your pout, before you got for that lip colour – fills in those cracks, and creates an adhesive base for the colour – the colour lasts and so does the smoothness.
- Plump up: Need bee-stung lips to really catch some attention? Try rubbing mint toothpaste on your lips – tingly lips means plumped out lips. Another remedy is to mix in honey, olive oil and a dash of black pepper. Rub this mixture on your lips – lips will tingle and look plumper.
FAB BAG PICKS
MaTRA Lip Balm-Vanilla Ice : Enriched with Moroccan Gold, The Matra Lip Balm is a revolutionary formula providing for a 360 degree lip care solution throughout the year! 100% Natural and Pure specially made with the Historic Wise Man’s Miracle – Frankincense, Myrrh and Moroccan Gold, Matra Lip Balms will provide the nourishment and moisture needed for a holistic lip care experience! CLICK HERE to view product
Just Herbs Marigold Mango Lip Contour Balm : Indian Marigold or Calendula has been used in Ayurveda since antiquity to treat various skin conditions. This saffron-colored flower sits in perfect harmony with extracts of Indian Mango-the revered king of fruits-to make a smooth and buttery lip remedy. CLICK HERE to view product
Iba Halal Care PureLips Moisturizing Lip Balm Strawberry : This juicy lip balm is made with delicious Strawberry flavor and blended with nourishing Shea Butter, soothing Aloe Vera and anti-oxidant rich Vitamin E for perfectly soft, supple and super happy lips. CLICK HERE to view product