Published on March 17th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Skin Benefits – Cleansing
Cleansing is the very first step in a basic skin routine, and often the most ignored. Here’s why you definitely need to clean…
Why does the skin need to be cleaned? To get rid of pollution and impurities, excess sebum (read oil), dead skin cells, make-up and any other pigments or particles that do not belong on the surface of the skin…
5 pro tips:
- Invest in a good face wash – aim for skin that feels mayhaps just a little bit oily after a wash, squeaky clean means that you just destroyed the skin’s natural barriers and have left it dry and dehydrated. Gentle cleansers are best..
- Moisturise immediately after cleansing, on mildly damp skin – the pores are open, the skin ready to best receive moisture and the natural barrier of the skin re-erected.
- Remember to exfoliate once or twice a week. Exfoliation sloughs off the dead skin layer and reveals newer, fresher skin underneath that not only looks better but also absorbs hydration better.
- Make-up removers are vital – your ordinary facewash does not fully remove mineral or oil-based colour pigments. In case of emergency, use baby oil or olive oil – spread lightly over face and wipe off with tissue. Repeat as many times as required till tissue comes off oily but clean. Then use your face wash to remove extra oil.
- It is better to cleanse twice with a cream or lotion Cleanser than use a harsh detergent based cleanser once to remove makeup.
FAB BAG PICKS
The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser : This light cream cleanser gently lifts away dirt, make-up and impurities. Gently but effectively cleanses. Softens and conditions. Leaves skin feeling smooth and supple. CLICK HERE to view product
Natio Ageless Dual Action Cleanser and Exfoliator : A two-in-one with organic rosehip oil and orange extract to gently purify and stimulate skin renewal.Gently exfoliates with micro-fine polishing spheres to unveil a younger looking complexion. Lightly polishes, tones and balances to help minimize the appearance of fine lines and pigmentation. CLICK HERE to view product