Published on April 2nd, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Tips & Tricks: Oily skin
Oil’s great for the hair, but a shiny face is so not in – here are some oil busters for you!
Oil is good for the skin, the natural sebum the skin produces that is – it forms a defensive layer on the skin and locks in the hydration to keep your face looking supple and youthful. But oily skin is really a pain to maintain – here are some super home remedies.
Raid your kitchen
- Aloe Vera: Dubbed a wonder plant, aloe vera has many medicinal properties – and for oily skin – it’s just a super thing to have around. Just split open a leaf and scoop out the gel in a clean jar and store in the fridge – would last you about 8-10 days. Just smear on some gel, keep on for 5 minutes and then wash off for crystal clear, supple skin – free of oil!
- Egg Yolk: Smelly but effective. The next time you are on a whites-only diet, don’t throw away that yolk. Beat it well with a fork. Dip a cotton ball and smear all over face (pinch your nose if you have to!) Keep on for 10 minutes and then rinse off – use a good face wash to keep the eggy smell at bay.
- Luxe almonds: So yes, a little expensive but totally worth it – pulverise almonds together with honey for a sticky paste. Apply all over face and neck and then scrub off using a hot washcloth. Rinse off with cool water for a complete face lift – and freedom from oil!
- Lime-n-lemony: Bursting with antioxidants and brightening properties, lemon is also an excellent oil absorber. Combine equal parts of lemon juice and rose water and apply it all over the face with a cotton pad. Wait 2-3 minutes and then wash off.
- Baking Soda: Sounds completely anti-beauty and more kitchen cleansing but adding a pinch of baking soda to your facewash can work wonders – but restrict yourself to doing this just 1-2 times week lest you dry out your skin. Pour facewash onto your palm and then sprinkle baking soda – now gently rub all over face – avoiding eye and lip contour – keep on for a minute and then wash off for an oil free face all day – this will also help in removing those blackheads!
SeaSoul Dead Sea Clarifying Mask – for Oily Skin : Restores skin’s pH balance. Purifies & removes toxins from the skin. Clarifies the skin. Infuses essential minerals into the skin. CLICK HERE to view product
Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind – Combination/Oily Skin : A refreshing, skin de-stressing cleansing foam. Gentle Tamarind Fruit Acids free pores of trapped make-up, excess oil, pollutants and dull-making dead cells for a refined, matte complexion. Silky lather rinses easily with cool water. Protects skin from the drying effects of hard water. CLICK HERE to view product
Natural Bath & Body After Bath Milk-Aloe Cucumber : Hydration and purity in a bottle – that’s our lush after bath milk for you. Crafted from a complex medley of vegetable oils and raw, untainted milk, it is infused with hydrating aloe vera and cooling, refreshing aloe vera. The crowning glory of your bathing ritual, our after bath milk wraps your skin in life-giving moisture, leaving it repaired, youthful and radiant. CLICK HERE to view product