Published on April 4th, 2017 | by Ahana Basu
How To: Get Rid Of Blackheads
Not quite pimples, but visible nevertheless, giving your skin (usually the nose and chin) an unsightly look. While beauty salons offer a variety of clean-ups and facials aimed at clearing up blackheads, these are time-consuming. Blackheads tend to glare out at you just when you’re dressed to go out and come up to your mirror to apply lipstick. So, what do you do when you’ve got ten minutes to head out and you really can’t be seen with those little black uglies on you?
- It’s a tried-and-true remedy for airing out your pores and clearing your skin. Since this is a quick-fix, we’ll keep it short. Steam your face for about for about 1 to 2 minutes. Pat your face dry. Then, take a full tablespoon of sugar and milk, mix it and start rubbing it into the affected area, putting a little extra pressure on the nose area for 5-10 minutes. This will scrub out the blackheads. You can continue doing this for a week for long-term results.
- Another method you can try after steaming is using a regular face scrub. Scrub your face gently, using your fingernails on your nose. Ensure your nails are clean and scrub your nose downwards. Wash off and use a mild moisturiser on your face.
Natural does it
- Grate a raw potato and rub it for 10 minutes on your face, nose and chin. Let it dry and then wash your face with warm water.
- Another great paste for blackheads is coriander leaves and turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on your face for 10 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- If you’re not keen on using packaged face scrubs, you could make your own. Mix sugar, honey and lemon juice to form an exfoliating scrub. Rub it on your skin, leave on for about 10 minutes and rinse your face with warm water. Lemon juice brightens the skin while sugar is an excellent scrub.
- A really easy and effective remedy for blackheads is this: Take two tablespoons of yoghurt and mix with one tablespoon of lemon juice. Rub on your skin, leave on for ten minutes and wash off.
Dip a small washcloth in warm water and place it on your face. Keep this on for around 15 minutes The warm moisture from the towel will clear out the pores. Next, apply a good deep-cleansing mask, perhaps a peel-off.
Remember to never scrub your skin too hard, no matter how hard it is to get rid of blackheads. Always use moisturiser after getting your blackheads off, since most processes will dry out your skin.
FAB PICKS FOR A CLEAR FACE
Natio Acne Detoxifying Face Scrub with Jojoba Beads : Gently and deeply exfoliates to remove pore impurities and dead skin cells. For all skin types prone to breakout . Plant Extracts: Soft Jojoba beads help dissolve pore-clogging oils. Purifying Tamanu helps the skin’s renewal process. CLICK HERE to view product
Votre White Essence Brightening Scrub : A complexion enhancing advanced scrub with natural exfoliants that reveals your natural fairness and glowing skin. Licorice, Aloe, Tomato Extract, Blackberry helps regulate melanin synthesis while turmeric extract nourishes the skin. The result is visibly brighter, soft and glowing skin. CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co. Hazelnut Sugar Scrub : Quick penetrating; Natural exfoliant; Rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins; It even contains tannins that have toning, astringent & healing properties. For all Skin types All you need to do for beautiful, smooth skin is scrub. CLICK HERE to view product