Published on April 4th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Tips & Tricks: Blush It!
If you thought blushes were more a make-up artist’s tool than something that you need in your kitty, you thought wrong…
- Colour: A colour that matches your cheeks when they’re flushed is the right one for you. For a quick test, “spank” your cheeks (best done in private) and use the resulting colour as a guide (you can swatch a few shades on your arm to match it). Another less painful trick is to match the blush to your lip colour.
- Consistency: Powder blushes are best for oily and combination skins while crème-based blushes work for dry skin. Liquids an gels go with almost all skins.
- Order: Usual order of application: foundation, eye make-up, blush and then lip colour. Sneak tip: Apply blush before foundation for a more “natural” look.
- Brush: All “doll-size” blush brushes that come in the pack need to be shown the boot. Use a professional full brush but don’t use the same brush you use for your powder.
- Chiselled cheekbones: Shade the underside of the cheekbone with a bronzer or dark blush, then add the blush to the apples of the cheek and on the cheekbone. Finally, illuminate the area above the cheekbone with a light blush, highlighter or simply translucent powder.
- OTT: If you’ve gone a bit heavy on the powder blush, dust a bit of translucent powder over it. For cream blush, blot the colour off with a tissue. However gel and liquid blush stain the cheeks, the only way to lighten them is it wipe off the make-up and restart all over again albeit sparingly.
FAB BAG PICKS
Bellapierre Mineral Blush : Discover fabulous, good-for-you cheek color. These creamy, super sheer all mineral blushes give you a beautiful, healthy tone that looks natural. Bellapierre Mineral Blush creates a soft, radiant glow for perfect fresh-faced rosy cheeks. Recommended by make-up artists and dermatologists, bellapierre loose mineral blush is suitable for all skin types and conditions from oily skin to dry, mature types and even the most sensitive. CLICK HERE to view product
Geri G. Innocent Foundation : Innocently Flawless. Wickedly Nourishing. Non-masking and nourishing to the skin, Geri G.®’s exclusive water-based formula combines moisturizing benefits of Squalene Oil from olives , green tea, white tea, with radiant pigments that conceal imperfections and illuminate the complexion. Weightless and hydrating, Innocent Foundation glides on seamlessly and provides all-day sheer to moderate coverage with a natural matte finish. CLICK HERE to view product
Iba Halal Care Pure Skin Liquid Foundation : “Iba Pure Skin Liquid Foundation is a unique ultra-blendable satin-smooth formula boosted with aloe vera, Vitmain E and rich minerals that provides dazzling, long-lasting glow and full coverage. Flawlessly cover spots, blemishes, dark circles and patch skin tone. 100% alcohol-free and pararen-free. Suitable for all skin-types including oily or acne-prone skin. Breathable, oil-free, matte finish. Sun protection with SPF 15. ” CLICK HERE to view product