Published on April 11th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Besan for Beauty
No fancy skin care product will replace the old age beauty secrets that have been passed down by your grandmother… Besan (gram flour) is one such ingredient, the secrets of which, I am sure will be passed by you someday to your daughters and granddaughters. Let’s give you a quick peek into our list of favorite besan-ed beauty tricks.
1. For Oily Skin: Mix 1 tbsp besan, ½ tbsp curd, ½ tbsp honey and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply it evenly on your face and neck. Massage for 2 minutes and leave it to dry. Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel. Do this once a week and see the difference as besan clears up that oil.
2. Combination Skin: Repeat the same mixture but skip the turmeric powder. Also replace the curd with milk if your skin is prone to dryness. This will balance the natural oils without stripping your skin of it.
3. Dry Skin: Mix ½ tbsp besan, 1tbsp cream and ½ tbsp honey. Apply evenly but wash off in 5-7 minutes while still damp. Take some rose water and wipe your face; follow up with moisturiser for skin that really soaks in all the goodness.
Some TLC for the body:
As we said besan is an all rounder of an ingredient. To get your body skin happy, mix 5tbsp besan with half a bowl of full-fat milk (you can also add in some fruit pulp for added anti-oxidant benefits). Apply this paste on all over your body (Limit this indulgence to your washroom or an area that can be cleaned up easily.) Scrub for about 5 minutes and then leave on for another 10.
1. If you have oily skin, head straight to the shower and scrub off with a sponge or loofah with your hands. Don’t use soap or shower gel.
2. If you have dry skin, then take olive oil and start applying over the dried besan. The oil will moisten the besan enough for it to be sloughed off. Head for a shower and towel dry your body.
Your skin will be baby soft. Now cancel that spa appointment and take a siesta instead.
FAB BAG PICKS
Kronokare Fabulous Fuel Energising Massage Oil : Putting together a delicious cocktail of bergamote, geranium and frankinscene, we have created the perfect, energizing massage oil. With the fine properties of these natural essential oils at work, you’ll be fully energized for the next episode. CLICK HERE to view product
Neemli Naturals Bengal Gram Exfoliator : A complete herbal cleanser and polisher. This invigorating face and body wrap is packed with traditional herbal ingredients that promote healthy and fresh skin. CLICK HERE to view product
Ananda Spa Wild Rose Body Scrub/ Bath Salt : Excellent for all skin types (especially good for sensitive skin)-It balances mood, skin and the nervous system, acting as a powerful antidepressant. It stimulates the skin, lymphatic and circulatory systems, flushes and removes excess fluids from the body, calms the mind and balances the being. Body scrubs remove dead skin and debris which allows the skin to breathe. CLICK HERE to view product